2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all my name is chris i am looking for my first honda civic mk8 2.2 cdti
hope ok posting it here has anyone got any advice for what to look out for when going to look at one thanks in advance

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo:

Unfortunately clutches are weak if driven with little mechanical sympathy. The torque is pretty addictive. Replacements are now pretty cheap tho.

Manifold's can crack and leak grim fumes into the cabin.

Injectors can leak and smell nasty.

Fuel pressure regulators can fail, a pal may have this hot starting issue with his recent acquisition.

These issues are just on the derv, the 1.8 petrol is probably the best all rounder. The FN2 being the most fun.

Is there any reason why you want a derv?

Otherwise Civic's are pretty dependable and just need regular servicing.

The forum Wiki has a list of faults but most are easily resolved and you'd be unlucky to experience more than a few.

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
As well as issues raised by @Farqui above check for roof rust where it meets the windscreen, slightly lift the rubber for signs of rust. This is an issue for all 8th gen models except those with pan roofs.

Leaking shocks

Water leaks in the passenger footwell and boot. Look for damp or any tell tale signs.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
@farqui i was after the 2.2cdti as wanted a diesel as would like to get some half decient mpg compared to some petrols and also have the power for overtaking when needed thats what drawed me towards the 2.2cdti also thanks for the information

·
Registered
5 Posts
Chris...I have the petrol 1.8 and it is averaging 42.1 on the trip computer...this is in winter with daily commutes in traffic. That’s pretty decent for a petrol but I get what you say about the diesel mpg and the low down torque 😉

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@Tanna thanks for the offer but you are a bit far away as I am located in hull and is about 100 mile away was looking for one around the £2000 mark but thank you for the offer

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts