2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just picked up this 1.8 EX yesterday. Have finished my alleged mid-life-crisis and moved up from an MX5. Love how the Japanese engines deliver all their fun when driven hard!

Been lurking since I started my search, thanks to everyone for all your insight so far, I'm sure I'll be back to ask plenty of questions.

The car needs a little TLC, a quick trip to the dealer today to pick up some wheel arch trip clips for starters. Also found the HFT module was unplugged behind the dash, presuming it's got the dreaded battery flattening symptoms.... :worms: there's only one way to find out, so it's now plugged back in!

Needs a good polish to really make the colour pop again, but that can wait until it's warmer and there's not so much salt on the roads!

Cheers

Paul

·
Administrator
18,054 Posts
Welcome out from of the shadows ;)

Nice to see a blue Civic, I hope you get your niggles sorted.

Do you have any plans for her?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
Hello and welcome matey.....

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Well first night with the HFT unit plugged in and she fired up first time this morning. Long may that continue!

Farqui - I'm just going to get her up together first, this is me spending my savings now so that I can put all my spare money going forward in to a house deposit......... but I'll just have to find a little extra to spend on the car ;)

·
Administrator
18,054 Posts
Hopefully your HFT is okay.

If you look around you'll find how to test for parasitic drain, which should confirm if your hands free kit is fit and well, or not...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
Hello mate & welcome to Civinfo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts