2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As from the 1st of May I can get my company car. I have been a VW fan since the Golf GTI days and my last car (in Souh Africa) was the Golf 4 GTI (132KW) re-mapped by Frieling Racing to 159Kw.

If I want to stick with VW I can get the Polo GTI or Jetta/Golf 1.6 FSI. The Polo's boot is way to small and a 1.6 ain't going to do.

But when i saw the new Civic I knew I had to have one and it really meets all the requirements. Awesome styling inside and out, sufficient boot space and a 1.8i-VTEC motor.

So now I am waiting for Honda to bring a demo for a test drive which is just to feel how the car drives before I make my final decission (which is pretty much made up [smilie=cheeky-grin:

The only thing that concerns me is the delivery time as from what I read in the buying section of the forum seems to be the average waiting time. Is this really the case?

I want my car at the 1st of May which seems very unlickely, not sure if I can take another 3 months of commuting with the bus :(

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hey welcome to the forum.

You may get lucky and be able to have one for May 1st. Just ask yr local dealer. Certain colours have longer delivery times than others. And it also depends on any added extras you buy too.

I admit that 4 weeks does seem quite a short time, but you can but ask. 5-6 weeks probably more realistic.

Coming from someone who had to wait 10 weeks for her Civ, I can honestly assure you that its worth the wait :D

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Ask your dealer if he as some "pre ordered" cars in waiting or cancelled order. You will maybe not have the color you would choice but you will get the good delivery time... I've shortened mine from 6+ month to a 2 month delivery

Sorry, I just forget to say you : "Be welcome" ! and enjoy the nicest Civic forum in the net ;-)

·
King of the rodeo
4,828 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forum!Plenty of used cars about with low milage, might even allow you to get a higher spec, they will also be much quicker to get your hands on, worth a thought!

·
Rusty Nut!
614 Posts
Welcome brakenjan I was given a 7 week waiting time I now have 4 more to go it's tough waiting but this place will help - either that or it'll feed your obsession like it has with me

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Hello and welcome brakenjan, hope you get what you want and soon,
good advice from the forum already I see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts