2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Usual intro...looking for a Civic (Diesel)...looking for advice on what to look out for and any direction to find the details

Come from a reliable Gofl GT TDI 130bhp remapped to 172bhp background...reliable...fast and just eventually died on me at 152k

I have been looking at Civic's ideally want a 2.2 Sport Diesel

Heard the Manifold is the part to watch and the cambelt (chain) that can be repaired/replaced for free under warranty.

If you anyone has any additional advice please let me know

Anyway cheers for the read Dan

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Hello Dan, and welcome to :civinfo: :)

I would question the source of your info, manifold and timing chain are not problematic, but clutch, DMF, and EGR can be. Read the wiki thoroughly and check out the other sections relating to bugs, faults, irritations, and engine questions.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Welcome

Greetings,
Dark Flemish

·
Coffee isnt my cup of tea
1,264 Posts
Welcome to the forum first off and as Mr JP mentioned the clutch is the biggest issue especially with a remap

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
:hello2: & :welcome4:to :civinfo: mate :top:

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Welcome along :)

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Welcome,
Clutch is the main culprit specially if the car has done a lots of miles. Everything else is very much reliable unless you are unlucky! Sometimes dashboard rattles can drive you mad but it's fixable.
Goodluck.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, really helpful bunch.
Looking at a few examples this weekend. Also an Accord as well which should be interesting.
I notice there isn't many Civics for sale in the For Sale section... well Diesels anyway

1 - 12 of 12 Posts