2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I would like to introduce myself to your forum. :eek:

I used to own a Honda Civic 1.8 VTI (gave it to the father in law), but am soon to be the proud owner of Civic 1.8 sport.

I haven´t collected the car yet, but when I viewed the car I noticed it had the space saver spare wheel, but I couldn´t locate the jack.:?:

Could somebody be kind enough to let me know where it may be hiding (is it tucked away in the engine bay, or in some cubby hole?) The salesman didn´t know either.

Thanks

Wonchop:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

The car jack should be located in a cubby hole in the side of the boot. You don't get a spare wheel as standard by the way - you get some tyre gunk (puncture repair stuff) and an air compressor. Yet you still get a jack!!

Enjoy the best forum on the web! Make sure you post some pictures once you pick your car up!
Edit: Make sure you show the salesman too :D

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Hi and welcome to civinfo. :)

As the others have said it's tucked away behind a panel on the nearside of the boot along with the wheel brace. The compressor and tyre 'gunk' is on the other side of the boot.

Already having the spacesaver is a bonus as it's £100 from a dealer. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello All,
Thanks for the welcome..

I will double check the cubby hole when I pick the car up on Wednedsay..

Thanks Again

Wonchop

·
The fat controller
1,041 Posts
Welcome

Hello All,
I would like to introduce myself to your forum. :eek:

I used to own a Honda Civic 1.8 VTI (gave it to the father in law), but am soon to be the proud owner of Civic 1.8 sport.

I haven´t collected the car yet, but when I viewed the car I noticed it had the space saver spare wheel, but I couldn´t locate the jack.:?:

Could somebody be kind enough to let me know where it may be hiding (is it tucked away in the engine bay, or in some cubby hole?) The salesman didn´t know either.

Thanks

Wonchop:grouphug:
Welcome to the mad house wanchop. What colour car did you get by the way.
I'm also amazed that the car sales man did not know where the jack is. Make sure it's there and you should also get a little tool kit as well and in the tool kit is your star shaped wheel nut adapter thingy.

Enjoy the forum.

Pete

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Welcome to the Forum :D

I hope we have answered your question for you. If you have any more let us know :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wonchop reply

Thanks again everybody who replied to my message. I rang the garage today to let them know where to find the jack, but I will double check when I pick the car up. I will also check for the wheel brace, tool kit and locking wheel nut cap.

Pete, My car is metallic grey. I have been looking for a red one, but couldn´t find one...

Thanks again chaps

Wonchop

P.S The name originated as my boss said that I reminded him of the footballer Paulo Wanchope, so I edited it to wonchop. A lot of people who don´t know me think it´s a chinese kung fu name.LOL:lol:

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
Welcome wonchop to the BEST forum!

Don't forget to post up some piccies when you have get your Civic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts