2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gents,

I'm Kaz from Manchester. Had a few Hondas (2x Accord Type Rs (one of which I still own), Integra Type R DC2, Civic EG6 SiR 2 with the B18 engine and a Civic EP 1.4 (was my sensible car for a short while lol).

I'm on the hunt for a Civic for a family member and we came across this one:
Honda Civic 1.8 i-VTEC EX 5dr i-SHIFT Auto SAT NAV & GT BODYSTYLING PACK

It has a great spec but it has a bodykit fitted which I can't see on any other civic... Is this a Honda option or has the car been messed with? I want a factory example and the tinted windows with the kit is putting me off a bit but then again, it does say one lady owner so I'm not sure :S. It's 2 hours away in Leicester and I don't really want to find out it's a back street garage spray job..

Also, what is the rear visibility actually like with the spoiler in the middle of the rear windscreen - is it really as bad as I've heard?

Any opinions on Civics in general (already read the common faults section) as well as the car the question would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance for any the help.

Cheers
Kaz

·
mmmm bacon
638 Posts
I found that the spoiler doesn't decrease the rear visibility at all, you'll always have the bar mid way through the back window, this just seems to cut out the headlights of cars behind which I find useful imo.

·
mmmm bacon
638 Posts
also, the rear looks oem, the front i've never seen before but brundle may have a better idea, he had the same rear on his (sadly written off recently) iirc.

·
Power of Dreams
2,070 Posts
If you check coxmotorsports' website you will find out that those are costy genuine Honda accessories :)

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts

·
where are the pies??
541 Posts
hi and welcome. :)

as said before the bodykits are OEM. Don't think the spoiler make any different with the rear visibility as there is always a bar across there even without any spoiler.

as long as you set the mirrors to cover majority of the view then it's not bad at all.

for your peace of mind, you can always install the parking sensors. i have the sensors on mine and it help a great deal during the first few weeks of owning the car.

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
Welcome, think the body kit is the 5door image pack and can cost a few bob, not many people have them on the 5door usually just the plastic trim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
:hello2: & :welcome4: to :civinfo: mate [smilie=coolup.gif]

·
Registered
815 Posts
Welcome

Greetings,
Dark Flemish

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

It's good to know about the rear window and yes, I'll have to fit sensors if the car doesn't have them already..

Unfortunately after ringing around today - I don't think the car is genuine :(

1) It was last serviced at 44k in 2010 by Honda and has not been serviced since (although the dealer did say he had just serviced it).

2) It's had a new clutch and then the ECU was calibrated at Honda in October. The clutch was fitted at a garage and then calibrated at Honda which makes me wonder why everything wasn't done at Honda - to save on cost? And was a good quality part used?

3) The clutch seems to have gone prematurely IMO which means it may have had a hard life :S

4) It's only done 3000miles in 3 years :S

5) It was repossessed in 2011 or 2012..

It's enough for me to walk away...I'll continue the hunt :)

Cheers
Kaz

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

It's good to know about the rear window and yes, I'll have to fit sensors if the car doesn't have them already..

Unfortunately after ringing around today - I don't think the car is genuine :(

1) It was last serviced at 44k in 2010 by Honda and has not been serviced since (although the dealer did say he had just serviced it).

2) It's had a new clutch and then the ECU was calibrated at Honda in October. The clutch was fitted at a garage and then calibrated at Honda which makes me wonder why everything wasn't done at Honda - to save on cost? And was a good quality part used?

3) The clutch seems to have gone prematurely IMO which means it may have had a hard life :S

4) It's only done 3000miles in 3 years :S

5) It was repossessed in 2011 or 2012..

It's enough for me to walk away...I'll continue the hunt :)

Cheers
Kaz
It has a reversing camera fitted, don't need both in my opinion, although it takes a bit o get used to and put trust in just the camera

1 - 15 of 15 Posts