2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2007,Civic Type R GT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome!
as ive stated this is my first Honda. Im a Renault Master Tech so ive drove Renault sports for years and loved them (some might argue that there french S*** but i like them)
The Civic is a 2007 on a 57 plate so i do believe its pre LSD and its got 90k on it.
The previous owner had it for 8 years and it looks to be pretty OEM so im happy with that. it has 4 Pirelli PZero tyres on it that i feel is also a good sign that the previous owner looked after it.

I may possibly modify it but only light mod like Induction, exhaust etc but nothing major

·
Registered
2007,Civic Type R GT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
9gs like to be revved for most grins and A class roads change to R class, be warned 👍😅 just go easy when outside temps are sub 10c
yeah a few friends have had Honda's so im aware of that. i was originally looking at ATR's but i cant justify the price of them and ive worked on a fair amount of them so i really cba dealing with rust lol

·
Registered
2007,Civic Type R GT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
LSD came in as std in April 2010 so unless one got fitted later it won't have one.
That's weekend warrior mileage so sounds like it was looked after.
I would check that the age related items have been done:
plugs @ 75k miles
fuel filter 7 years, gearbox oil 8 years, coolant 10 years
valves every 25k miles

if it has all been done on time then you have little to worry about
I've ordered all the service parts for it for my own peace of mind.

You mention Valves at 25k what valves are ye talking about?

·
Registered
2007,Civic Type R GT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Welcome, I am new here myself having just picked up a black 08 on 96K, drove it from Manchester up to Fife a couple of weeks ago with a big grin on my face :)

You will find loads of really useful info on here.
Yeah so turns out my train has been cancelled due to the weather FML. So the wife has now offered to drive down so fingers crossed its all good

1 - 12 of 12 Posts