2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Have had my amazing Type S 2.2 09 reg for nearly 2 years I love it to bits.

It has only had replacements ie wiper blades, pads etc and servicing done at my local honda. I've just started to have problems with the clutch though. Its seems to lose power when you change up into 3rd gear its seems to slip??
Should this be happening to an engine with only 32K on it. It is now out of warranty.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Hi everyone,

Have had my amazing Type S 2.2 09 reg for nearly 2 years I love it to bits.

It has only had replacements ie wiper blades, pads etc and servicing done at my local honda. I've just started to have problems with the clutch though. Its seems to lose power when you change up into 3rd gear its seems to slip??
Should this be happening to an engine with only 32K on it. It is now out of warranty.
Welcome :)

If you head here you should find more information, common issue on the 2.2 diesel.
Engines and Transmission - Civinfo

I just posted a thread as I have started getting a similar problem, may help you decide what to do next. I am out of warrenty and will be contacting Honda to see if they offer any help.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/engines-transmission/92341-slipping-clutch-best-suggestions.html

·
ex CW FN2 owner
595 Posts
Hi and welcome Ann-Marie sorry to hear you think you might have a clutch issue, have you read the wiki on this issue?

Slipping Clutch

If it is a clutch failure you should put the details on here plus you can find more links to clutch issues on the thread

You have found the right place to get good advice on here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Everyone, thanks for all your welcome messages. Great advice from you all I will be popping up to Honda on Saturday.

cheers :D

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Hello and welcome Ann-Marie :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts