1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all
I have just bought a civic 5 door hatch
2001 51 plate auto 1.6se.
My issues are that the lights seem a little dim, no battery light on the dash etc but when turning the steering lock to lock the revs drop, ABS light flickers and power steering goes heavy. All this happens until you take the steering off full lock.
I put it on a diagnostics and cleared all codes. The only one that came back was 22-1 Vehicle speed sensor. Would a faulty vss cause these issues ?
Thanks in advance
Stuart

·
Administrator
18,004 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo:

That's an older Civic, with a traditional hydraulic power steering?

What's the state of your 12v battery? Are all the connections and earth's solid with good contact?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok
Had a mechanic here today fitting a new steering rack on my TT so he checked the battery and alternator. Both healthy. What's next as he had to go to another job.

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
If you put the front end on stands, then operated the steering lock to lock, with reduced resistance to the wheels and therefore steering and pump, if the engine revs remained constant and the lights also, maybe it would at least point to the steering.

Of course there's then the challenge which part or parts are the culprit.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't want to speak too soon but after fitting a new battery this morning and driving it around for 2 hours I've not had the steering issue return..fingers crossed

·
Administrator
18,004 Posts
Hmmm, elec power steering came along earlier than i thought then?

Great news, long may it continue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts