2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

New to the forum (And Honda's in fact.) I recently purchased a low mileage 57 plate Civic Type R-GT. (Red!) I've previously owned a Toyota Supra and a BMW M3 but needed something a little more 'Family friendly.' After test driving a few Type R's as well as a few Focus ST2/3's I plumped for the Type R. I wasn't aware how spacious the interior is, and, how comfortable they are to drive. I'm based right down on the south coast in Portsmouth.

Anyway, I've been an active member of the Supra and M3cutters forums in the past and would like to continue the theme here. Always willing to take/offer advise where necessary.

No doubt i'll be asking a few questions over the next few days (So apologies in advance!)

I look forward to becoming a contributing member of the forum community.:popcorn2:

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo:

Great that you've moved to a FN2, I'm sure there will be lots of comments regarding the Type R being family friendly. Somewhat like 'marmite' ;)

Do you have any pic's?

Don't forget to check out the Supporters section ;)

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Welcome to civinfo. I've just bought a type-r for pretty much the same reasons. What made you pick it over the St's, I was following one the other day and surprised how quick it was.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo: buddy! Mandatory pics inbound? Time to show her off ;)

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to civinfo. I've just bought a type-r for pretty much the same reasons. What made you pick it over the St's, I was following one the other day and surprised how quick it was.
It was the interior that finally swung it for me. Don't get me wrong I like the 2.5 Volvo engine in the ST's and both the ST and Type R are pretty quick 0-60 for the price range. But take away the Recaro's in the Ford and its pretty much the same layout as any other Ford (Minus turbo gauges!) ....Boring! I just prefer the whole driver experience in the Type R. (The seats, the start button, the wheel, the HUD.) I still prefer the EP3 Civic if i'm honest. I just didnt like the gearstick placement in those. Now if they had kept the EP3 shape and changed the interior and gearstick placement to that of the 8th gen i'd have been throwing money at the salesman at the Honda dealership a lot sooner! :)

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pics to follow! I'll get it cleaned and polished at the weekend. :)

Quick question whilst i'm here, best place to get genuine Type R mats. Only seen them on ebay and they are £100! :eek:

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
It was the interior that finally swung it for me. Don't get me wrong I like the 2.5 Volvo engine in the ST's and both the ST and Type R are pretty quick 0-60 for the price range. But take away the Recaro's in the Ford and its pretty much the same layout as any other Ford (Minus turbo gauges!) ....Boring! I just prefer the whole driver experience in the Type R. (The seats, the start button, the wheel, the HUD.) I still prefer the EP3 Civic if i'm honest. I just didnt like the gearstick placement in those. Now if they had kept the EP3 shape and changed the interior and gearstick placement to that of the 8th gen i'd have been throwing money at the salesman at the Honda dealership a lot sooner! :)
Exactly same for me. I plumped for honda build and quality of interior over the ford. I used to have a t5r with that engine so know it's a corker. Enjoy all the info on the site. You'll be upgrading bits before long!

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Welcome from this space ship captain! :)

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
Hello mate & welcome to Civinfo

1 - 17 of 17 Posts