2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to German auto magazine " Autobild" there is a recall in Germany due to the problem with powered steering. A broken steering unit can cause mulfunction of powered steering. In Germany there are 2800 Civics affected, both diesel and petrol, as well as 190 hybrid versions. Affected cars were produced between 17 August 2005 and 31 January 2006.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not only in Germany, also in Holland there is a recall due to the same problem. Got a letter of Honda Netherlands the other day, that I should contact my dealer. Went to the dealer and made an appointment, they told me that I had to wait cause they didn't have the proper tools to fix the problem yet. What's wrong with HONDA ????? Have a lot of frustating minor problems since I have the car. This is my 7th Honda, never had any problems with my other Honda's.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Looks like this recall is coming to the uk.
Affected cars are going to be called in to have the EPS ( power steering control) unit tested and if its found to test as faulty a new unit will have to be ordered in to replace it.
Expected amount of units to be replaced is low (?)
Dealers at the moment are awaiting the equipment to carry out the test:)

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Not only in Germany, also in Holland there is a recall due to the same problem. Got a letter of Honda Netherlands the other day, that I should contact my dealer. Went to the dealer and made an appointment, they told me that I had to wait cause they didn't have the proper tools to fix the problem yet. What's wrong with HONDA ????? Have a lot of frustating minor problems since I have the car. This is my 7th Honda, never had any problems with my other Honda's.
Probably my car is build after 31 January 2006, because I didn't receive any letter (yet...)

The only problem I have (reoccuring) is the message "Low Fuel" ;)
I always solve this filling it up.......

·
Registered
65 Posts
The affected vin range communicated to dealers does not really give any indication of exactly when the vehicles were built and I don't believe any letters of notification in the uk have gone out yet.:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
The recall only affects current model civics. No 07 models though by the look of it.

JHMFD1***6S200022 - JHMFD1***6S205130JHMFD3***6S200009 - JHMFD3***6S200874SHHFK1***6U000101 - SHHFK1***6U004051SHHFK2***6U000101 - SHHFK2***6U010022SHHFK3***6U000101 - SHHFK3***6U009351

Not all vehicles within these ranges will be affected though, so a call (perhaps not yet) to your dealer or await the letter.:)

Sorry ....that hasn't come out that clearly has it, but you get the jist.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Honda has always been near to the top of the list in terms of issuing recalls. Yes, it's inconvenient, but some marques are infamous for failing to admit where there are problems with a vehicle (leading to potentially life threatening incidents with their faulty products).

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
I got a surprise this morning about this. I called the dealer to discuss returning my car for them to address a scratching noise coming from under the dashboard. Quite unexpectedly the Service manager told me to get the car booked in as I'd probably receive a letter concerning two recalls: one for the power steering issue mentioned here, plus a second for one concerning the rear shock absorbers. Apparently they'd only received the information regarding these recalls today.

My car was checked off there and then against both recalls and thankfully isn't affected by either.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
My Dealer 'phoned to-day re. two re-calls . EPS & Rear Suspension. Booked in next Thursday, and all the other niggles will be sorted. Allegedly !! ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
When did you get your Civic as it's the same spec as mine (I got mine early April) and haven't heard anything although I wouldn't be surprised as my dealers were less than confidence inspiring...

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
should i ring dealer to ask about these 2 recalls end of 04 06 i think mine was registed.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Just got my recall letter today for EPS and PUD! (Power steering and damper check).

Car purchased in February, already at dealership so not sure of exact "birth date" but registered March

·
Registered
78 Posts
Have anyone ever checked the online Honda Owner section of the website to see if there car details bring up the records of recalls? I checked on Friday and it said no recalls were pending but given my car was registered in early April I'm assuming that it will be included (given the noise from the rear shocks it better be...)

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
I'd previously checked regarding rear dampers and it said no outstanding work required even though they did need replacing.

When the EPS recall was first posted, I checked again and it said no outstanding work. I knew from the list of VIN numbers that I was probably going to be affected.(SHHFK2).

Just checked again this morning and it does now say that there is outstanding work to be carried out.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Im still expecting a letter, you think being so few civics on the road over here they'd be pretty quick about it!
When did you get your car, CZ? Mines's one of the earlier releases.

Yours might not fall within the range of VIN numbers - see Nice's post on 17th November.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts