2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening chaps.

So Im looking into getting the Nextbase 402G DashCam...

Currently with Maplins, you get the hard wire kit for it, for free, with any nextbase dashcam.

This is ideal, as I want to hardware my cam into the car, so here comes my question...

Which fuse should I piggyback it from?

It comes with a fuse, so I can stick it either in a spare slot, or piggyback (I assume)

Now Ive had a scout around, and cant find a definitive answer, so hopefully someone here can help...

second question, is it easy to tuck spare wire into the trim, or will i need to remove trim to hide the wiring / how hard is it to remove & reinstall the trim?

Cheers
-L

·
Premium Member
18,080 Posts
Check the option connector thread for an ignition switched feed ;)

Tuck the cable in behind the trim rather than faff with pillar trim removal.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,065 Posts
Spot on.

I've got a 402G and used the kit but the kit fuse holder is a mini and not a micro so your current donor fuse won't fit.

Option Connector is the way to go.

Reactions: Farqui

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check the option connector thread for an ignition switched feed ;)

Tuck the cable in behind the trim rather than faff with pillar trim removal.
Ive seen that thread before, but cant seem to find it, probably me having a major brainfart, you have a link to it?

cheers.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Option connector to the desired power pin and then earth the component, simples.
Sweet, I'll give it a shot when I get all the bits.

Always hate working on my own car, working on an aircraft is fine...come to working on my car and I get all antsy aha.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pfft, a car should be child's ay compared to an air plane.
Doing routine stuff on cars is fine, just when I dive into the unknown, like wiring in a dash cam or what not.

last question, I've found two pinout images on here for the 9G option connector, but the pins are labelled different.

Which image is correct? I only need to pin my dash cam to a pin that provides power when I turn the engine/ignition on...

Or

·
Premium Member
18,080 Posts
Sire, it's a good idea to double check how stuff works. Often saves time and grief.

I'd guess the nd image that says 9th gen. Maybe double check on the option connector threads to confirm.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sire, it's a good idea to double check how stuff works. Often saves time and grief.

I'd guess the nd image that says 9th gen. Maybe double check on the option connector threads to confirm.

I got both these images from that thread, both claim that these are the 9G pinouts for the option connector...

I'll ask the question there see if it helps

·
Premium Member
18,080 Posts
So new models use different pin outs, why would they change 'new?

5mins with a multimeter will tell you for sure ;)

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,065 Posts
Dig out my pictures.

As you have a 2014 9G I think you're looking at the green or purple pin.

I 'think' green is ignition 1 and 2 (where I have my Garmin) and purple is ignition 2 only (where I have my Nextbase)

Get a cheap multimeter to check

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/3388233-post55.html

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers guys, all wired and sorted, everything works a treat.

Just waiting for the adhesive mount to arrive, as the suction cup mount is quite large, and wont mount to the 'dotted' area near my rearview mirror, so at the moment it sits in a not so ideal position near my rearview mirror.

Reactions: Farqui

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,065 Posts
Agree, I'm using a DOD adhesive mount.

The other thing I've done is removed (filed down the protruding bit) the plastic bit that locks the unit to the base. Not needed IMO as it's a tight fit and that bit makes it very difficult to remove the unit, especially when tucked behind the mirror.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Yeah its the same with the 8th Gen, won't stick in the dotted part and is visible under the rear mirror

I bought a DOD adhesive mount and its now hidden away

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 28 Posts