2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Right, so I've installed the hardwire kit of my nextbase dash cam (412gw, very good btw) but I'm faced with an issue.

I'm using the piggyback connector that plugs into the fuse box, all well and good. Plugged into the front accessory fuse.

But here's the issue...it never turns off! The socket im piggy-backing works as normal but the dash cam just doesn't want to turn off.

I dont want to start cutting wires and all that, not really keen on ripping the dash out to sort it either, so is there another fuse I can tap into instead that does actually turn off with the ignition off?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Try the radio fuze which i think is 3 amp it will turn off after 2 min because of the battery in the next base .

jools

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the radio not constantly fed? I know I can remove CD's from it with no key in the ignition.

·
Super Moderator
21,041 Posts
Dig out the 'Option Connector' thread.

The OC is by far the best way of wiring in additional items without potentially overloading an existing circuit, although that is unlikely.

I've wired my Nextbase to the OC ignition position 2 so it only fires up when the engine starts. I have my Garmin on the OC ignition position 1 & 2 so I can view it without the engine.

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
No way, mines plugged into the stereo fuse. is that not a good idea then!? It definitely only comes on with the ignition though.

Which fuse is best?

ta

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
No way, mines plugged into the stereo fuse. is that not a good idea then!? It definitely only comes on with the ignition though.

Which fuse is best?

ta
It will be OK as I doubt your dashcam will draw too much power to cause a problem.

The option connect just keeps all the other circuits clear and is designed for accessories etc

If your dashcam did to decide to pop a fuse, at least with the OC it wont take out your stereo.

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Cool, was just wondering as the car is a fraction, tiny bit longer to start up when it's been stood than when I start it up soon after being on a run. Just thought the dashcam was sapping some charge overnight or something but more likely cos it's cold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts