2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

nhb civic type-r asda grangetown sunderland

671 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  -Mick- 
#1 ·
i am sure this was jameseh it had amber fog's & drl running lights it was honking at me so i can only assume it was him !!!! do you have a mugen wing now :D you must of been sick of the sight of mine so you ended up buying one :D happy days,i bet you will be after my supercharger when it get's fitted next week :D

#2 ·
Yep that was me I couldn't stop looking at that deep scooping splitter of yours! We have to stop meeting around supermarkets like lol
And yes that wing was top secret until you mentioned it lol :worms: did you end up buying 50 screws from screwfix like I did and only ended up using 4?

#5 ·
yes mate only 4? well if you keep staring at my mugen front splitter you will have to buy 1 ;) yeah it's getting a bit creepy seeing each other at supermarkets :confused: people will start to talk ha ha ha :D by the way sorry for spoiling your surprise mate :(

#7 ·
Got it done at Car & Bike Magic in Southwick. Had my bonnet and bumper done there and they did a fantastic job. They took two days to prep the wing as it wasn't in a decent state to paint. Fitting was also a pain and the wife had to screw the bolts in from the boot while I kept it in place outside. Team effort needed but it was worth it in the end!
Would love the Mugen splitter but I've already used the CopyCat Perk too many times! Plus its my last ever mod I promised my 8 week old son that!

Edit: I only used two stainless hex screws on each side to fit the blade as the middle holes didn't line up so just left em.

#8 ·
you have had a struggle with that mate !!:( i used 4 allen head bolts & my normal side fixing plates went straight on mine no bother !! car & bike magic painted mine doing it again not a very good prep job :( will have to meet up so i can have a butchers at it mate :D

#12 · (Edited)
Lidl has a flatter and longer car park
Edit: Just reread your post hagan you went to car&bike magic too!? The bloke said the work is guaranteed so if it does ripple over time he said take it back. I'm surprised he didn't say owt if its the second wing they sprayed.
@ Jun, wing cost £320 and £120 to paint, and £7's worth of screws lol

#13 ·
Ah Car and Bike magic! I've used them a few times and they have been very good, though I didn't really rate their alloy wheel repairs as the paint started to flake off after a while!

How much did they charge for the front end respray if you don't mind me asking? Mine doesn't need doing but with the horror stories I've read about the paint on these things it's only got to be a matter of time!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.