2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys, seems to be a pattern forming with some NHB CTR owners and their inability to drive.

This was a woman in this car this morning, its pishing down here (like it in most of the country) roads are flooding, very large patches of surface water a good inch deep and this clown pulls right out on the A 1 up the back end of someone then decides to under take and weave in and out of traffic causing everyone else to brake!

Whoever you are 'dear' Its not big and its not clever and its people like you who earn other Civic & Type R drivers a bad rep. But I'll also add that I shouldn't expect anything else from someone who lives in Tregnent!

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
aren't there rules on posting full license plate numbers?

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Pretty much if your that bothered, even a partial with trial and error can be located, easy. TBH hiding part of the plate don't help much and TBH it's on your car 24 hours a day 365 days a year it's in the public domain and therefore there is no legal reason why you shouldn't post it in full. It is publicly accessible info, and btw if you used the insurance database, you have committed an offence as you have to declare you're the owner to check if it's insured or not ;-) LOL

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Pretty much if your that bothered, even a partial with trial and error can be located, easy. TBH hiding part of the plate don't help much and TBH it's on your car 24 hours a day 365 days a year it's in the public domain and therefore there is no legal reason why you shouldn't post it in full. It is publicly accessible info, and btw if you used the insurance database, you have committed an offence as you have to declare you're the owner to check if it's insured or not ;-) LOL

Tom
Why use the insurance database when other sources offer more information and you commit no offence.;)

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I was just pullin' your leg ;-) I still say it's plastered on your car and so why hide it online, they know nothing else like spec or imperfections badges etc. and so there is little chance of an accurate copy, also if they didn't drive like an ass then nobody would post them on here.......

Tom

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was just pullin' your leg ;-) I still say it's plastered on your car and so why hide it online, they know nothing else like spec or imperfections badges etc. and so there is little chance of an accurate copy, also if they didn't drive like an ass then nobody would post them on here.......

Tom

Agree with you there Tom, your car, it's colour and plate is fully visible 24 hours a day. Cant see the problem with posting on here especially if the driver is being a berk!

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Exactly :)

Tom

·
Registered
47 Posts
Why not post your registration numbers as well then guys? Or is it ok as long as it is someone elses?
Got no reason to post mine as I have not been spotted driving like a jackass, however, the 1000+ people who walk past my car outside work today are free to note it's type, colour and plate.

Ever heard of karma, do bad things, bad things might happen. Drive like a berk, bad things might happen.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Registration numbers reported or photographed in a public place are public domain info.

You will be seen by more potential cloners / thieves driving for a few minutes on the motorway than you will by having your plate here.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
P4FET / GF57EGE There you go.........Whats yours then MRH339? :)

Tom

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
I dont know why people are surprised that the CTR is sometimes driven by nutters. At the end of the day its a high(ish) powered car that attract that sort of driver.

In a couple of years time, the price will go down on the CTR far enough so all boy racers can own.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I dont know why people are surprised that the CTR is sometimes driven by nutters. At the end of the day its a high(ish) powered car that attract that sort of driver.

In a couple of years time, the price will go down on the CTR far enough so all boy racers can own.
My CTS is driven by a nutter................ :) ME

However I agree it's a hot hatch, therefore it will be driven occasionally by people with that mentality.

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Mines on the car and will not be posted online. Agreed that number plates can be spotted on the street and cloned but why make it any easier for them.

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
I think the point being made was that Angie has posted a full registration without permission of the owner, and Angie herself won't even publish pictures of her car, let alone her registration number!

I'm not judging, but can see why it might seem wrong.

I don't buy the scaremongering any way...

J16CTR (you have seen it in my pics anyway)

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I think the point being made was that Angie has posted a full registration without permission of the owner, and Angie herself won't even publish pictures of her car, let alone her registration number!

I'm not judging, but can see why it might seem wrong.

I don't buy the scaremongering any way...

J16CTR (you have seen it in my pics anyway)
Someone did post my number plate on my car from a meet without my say so before. I knew that they had because someone e-mail me saying something and I thought 'How did you know that?' I also do not post what i'm doing to my car, where and when and show off the pics because of someone else's car being stolen and me and a few others are convinced that posting on sites like these just lead the thieves to the car in the first place.

lets be serious, if I put SL** YXR its not going to be too hard to work out what it is. You can even go as far as to go into the Direct Gov site and make a vechical enquiry DVLA Vehicle Licensing Online | Vehicle Enquiry with the make, model and number so its a CTR so it would be 56 (there are a few about) 07, 57 or 08 then when you've found the right one there you go.

If this person feels the need to endanger lives causing others to brake hard, in the wet because of their stupidity or lack of common sense then they deserve to be named and shamed.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts