2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The plan was to keep the car completely standard and just take it to the albanian car wash guys everyweek..........Until i joined Civinfo!

Firstly i tinted the rear brake lights this was just to see what it looked like braking the full red rear sections up and to be honest im still not sure two months on i know it will get alot of mixed views but theyre all welcome.

Next was debadging the Civic logo (keeping the type s) i just wanted a cleaner look, i wasnt a debadging version by any means debadging alot of vauxhalls and fords but before i fully went through this site so i didnt know how soft the paint was so i was left with a dull and scratched to f%$k rear panel!

Unluckily enough some t%&t smashed his door into my door denting it and putting deep scratches into it which were beyond the colour coat (you cant see the dent in the pictures due to the dirt and angle). So i contacted a friend of a friend and he sorted me out with a dent removal, full machine polish to rid the whole car of the insane amount of swirls and believe me it was covered! and to flatten back the paint around the scratch a little and try to cover it up without painting! All for the pricely sum of £100 and he is not a cowboy he owns his own company and has contracts with Infiniti and a few others! I havent got a close up of th finished scratch removal but believe me it is barely noticeable even i struggle to find it!

Results

Next on my list was improved induction but unfortunately this is also my work car so i decided to go with a K&N panel filter from LeonMaxim (top bloke). Which IMO does make a difference although it could be placebo but im sure the uptake is smoother!

Added Super white Lowbeams and single 501 Leds which i have now changed for 25 SMD Leds which are incredibly bright but no pictures with them in! I will take a few pictures of the new 501s along with the new interior LEDS and 9 SMD boot light!

Having to drive my car in the winter makes me want to cry and being blasted by a gritter and salted all over she looked like this :(

So it was time for a polish two coats of AG Ultra deeo shine and she looked like this

This was going to be the end until a friend in the Jap scene by me fitted a cold air feed to his immaculate 92 civic and got me pondering! With alot of help, advice and tips i decided to go ahead with it (i blame Coste1l, JohnnyRocket and Relic for my need to modify ;)) once the CAI pipe arrives courtesy of JohnnyRocket once more! Ill upload a few pictures when that is completed.

At the same time as the CAI im going to be staining my Beautiful Grey Trim :facepalm: ;) as i am simply too tight and too poor to pay for colour coding! so once that arrives i will throw a few photos of the progress up!

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Robert, pics are not showing buddy.

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking good.... Need to give mine a damn good clean now :)

Who is the dude posing in the pic? lol
The one just after the Machine Polish is the guy who did it Bradley griffin (seriously amazing)! he wasnt posing he didnt think he was in the picture and just genuinely stands like a woman all the time ;)

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Places can be expensive if your ever down this way ill give him a call for you and get you sorted for cash ;) best thing ive had done never realised the results would be so good!

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers for the offer but it's a little too far for me :)

Detailers aren't too expensive round here luckily.
No problem mate!

Had fully mopped dent removal and scratches (to bare metal) buffed down to the point you can barely see anything unless you look for 5 mins (no flat look after either) for £90 ;)

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Few new additions

Since installing the CAI I have seen improved MPG which shocked me and better throttle response. I was expecting abit more grunt but was a little dissapointed until today....... I fitted the CAI some point last week and have covered a few hundred miles since and tbh eased off the throttle abit until i drove under a railway bridge and had to overtake everyones friend an OAP doing 20 in a 40 and i was impressed with the slightly louder roar.

You can see where the Pipe goes into the standard box (with K&N Panel) and then down to the front bumper angled towards the front mesh. (Pipe courtesy of JohnnyRocket)

Next was a Mod i was never planning to do really and at the moment didnt have any money for it but put out a wanted thread and recieved the badboy courtesy of Judderman [smilie=gt-happyup.: Very Very Happy Transform the look!

[IMG]http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj550/RobertUtley/IMG_0206.jpg?t=1330972796[/IMG]

I then gave her a quick wash and ag aqua wax (use this every wash inbetween full waxes easier than drying) so thought i would post a couple of pictures of the beads.

Most importantly the end of this month i will be getting the most important month the CIVINFO sticker which i hope will keep the back glued down with the extra weight ;) Ive never subscribed to a
forum before in my life but Civinfo is something special so thanks guys!

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Few Updates;

Firstly the most important mod;

Next i was feeling a little bit brave and thought i had some nhb touch up paint so lets go.

The cocktail stick method wasnt working for me so i went for a very thin brush (not the thinnest as im not the most delicate and had some moderate sized chips).

Heres the apparatus;

The before i didnt take images from all angles just the angle most people will look from (Look all around my face at the massive chips)

The After

Obviously its not perfect and there are millions more that need doing which are alot smaller and more fiddly and annoying to say the least! But from the untrained eye and from me unless looking for most of them theyre barely visible and make a massive improvement!

(ps its addictive doing just ten will lead to twenty which leads to an hour of fun)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.