2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NHB Type R/S Melksham Sun 27th about 1640 hours

Just passed you near Melksham library, you were heading towards forest road way, looked like it was stickered when I checked my rear view mirror, didn't get the plate. I was in 08 plate silver civic with sports grill

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Think that was me, did you notice I had a headlight bulb out? I noticed yours coming down the road as your lights were brighter, mine had just had a quick wash to get all the salt off

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I did notice the bulb out :), mines in need of wash to after all this snow, just waiting for a reasonable day to coincide with rest days, hopefully get it down next week otherwise I'm going to have to get the jet wash on it. My headlights are standard HIDs with Mr JP's 25 LED side light bulbs

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On a positive note, with all the protection on the car at the moment the rain will help to wash off much of the crud gathered from the snow.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've seen you starting to stock up on products so I'm sure that will change when you get the bug, the first time getting it prepped is the hardest. I'm waiting for summer to strip all mine off again so I can get the DA on the swirls.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Yeah I did notice the bulb out :), mines in need of wash to after all this snow, just waiting for a reasonable day to coincide with rest days, hopefully get it down next week otherwise I'm going to have to get the jet wash on it. My headlights are standard HIDs with Mr JP's 25 LED side light bulbs

They looked nice and bright. I'm thinking of putting the Philips +100% in to replace the one that's gone, as I have them as main beam. How do you find the led sidelights? I have some, just not put them in yet!
Are you buy any chance Dave as in Ben and Dave twins?
I would like to give mine a good clean and get the swirls out the paint, just don't have the time sadly

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am Dave as in Ben and Dave the twins :) I really like the LED sidelights, I'm trying to remember now if I just had the side lights on or the mains as well when I past you. I was just on my way back from from my mums when I saw you, she lives up past the pig and whistle on the way out to Laycock near where the old post office used to me

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Silver one wouldnt have been me, Im OY08, but I stayed at Girlfriends in Trowbridge last night, then over to Bristol for work in the civic from there. Would have left Trowbridge at 0610 heading Bradford On Avon way then up to Bath and Junction 18.

I have noticed there is a lot of civics in Melksham, I live on Rope Walk, only a small cul de sac and there is 3 here including mine, one of them a NHB that belongs to my neighbour, I just cant seem to convince him he isn't washing it properly :D, not sure if I can be bothered to do it one time for him to show him how it can look :D

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I am Dave as in Ben and Dave the twins :) I really like the LED sidelights, I'm trying to remember now if I just had the side lights on or the mains as well when I past you. I was just on my way back from from my mums when I saw you, she lives up past the pig and whistle on the way out to Laycock near where the old post office used to me

I thought it might be, Dave twin was kind of giveaway! Always confused you both. Was wondering about the led lights as in do they get warm and if so will they damage the plastic lens?? My other half withs about 50 metres from the pig and whistle, sadly littlejohn avenue!

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Silver one wouldnt have been me, Im OY08, but I stayed at Girlfriends in Trowbridge last night, then over to Bristol for work in the civic from there. Would have left Trowbridge at 0610 heading Bradford On Avon way then up to Bath and Junction 18.

I have noticed there is a lot of civics in Melksham, I live on Rope Walk, only a small cul de sac and there is 3 here including mine, one of them a NHB that belongs to my neighbour, I just cant seem to convince him he isn't washing it properly :D, not sure if I can be bothered to do it one time for him to show him how it can look :D
Not me either, was at work all day in Monkton Farleigh. Yeah there are quite a few in Melksham/Bowerhill area, a good mixture of all models.
I don't get much time to wash mine, half the time it goes to Bubbles to be cleaned, mind I would like the swirls removed and to wax it but again it's time sadly

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Bubbles is pretty good. Went on a Sunday though and had some real miserable and aggressive people there.
Usually get the friendly chap. Doing it myself now anyway.
What the staff or other customers?? The chap who runs it is friendly. They don't do a bad job, and for a fiver, well it cleans it. I have bits to clean it, like about 10litres of turtle wax, would have been 15 but gave one to my dad!

·
GC
4,438 Posts
What the staff or other customers?? The chap who runs it is friendly. They don't do a bad job, and for a fiver, well it cleans it. I have bits to clean it, like about 10litres of turtle wax, would have been 15 but gave one to my dad!
Yeah there is the usual guy who is always very friendly. This one particular Sunday he wasn't there and it was a different person who just came across really aggressive. I know there is a language barrier but christ :cool:
I still recommend them to people though, was just a one off.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I went up to Christie miller today and there were two civics in the car park and also round the side of Keith lye they have a NHB type r for sale I noticed. Few knocking about now.

I always use the cleaners in the car park next to curves/bed shop/Scott's gym, always good enough for me :)

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I thought it might be, Dave twin was kind of giveaway! Always confused you both. Was wondering about the led lights as in do they get warm and if so will they damage the plastic lens?? My other half withs about 50 metres from the pig and whistle, sadly littlejohn avenue!
:D you've got me at a bit of a disadvantage, I'm trying to think who you are now lol

I haven't noticed the plastics getting warm at all and have had them in since late October, they are both longer than the standard bulbs but there is a lot of space in the lens compartment. I've also replaced all the interior and boot light with the same 25 LED bulbs too and had no issues.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Yeah there is the usual guy who is always very friendly. This one particular Sunday he wasn't there and it was a different person who just came across really aggressive. I know there is a language barrier but christ :cool:
I still recommend them to people though, was just a one off.
Yeah for the money they are great, they do a good job on inside, mind I had to stop them doing the rev counter etc as it smears

1 - 20 of 38 Posts