2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
I've just done my bonnet and roof, it looks alot better but I think it needs something a bit more aggressive.

I'm just a white hex logic pad and meg 205, 4 pea size blobs on the pad. 3 passes with moderate pressure then 2 more with light pressure.
BEFORE
20191230_134543.jpg

AFTER
20191230_150616.jpg

The deep scratches still remain but look a lot better.
What other polish and pad
combination would people recommend?
Or do I just do another set of passes over the deep scratches with the same combo?
I might go for a scholl spider neo pad and scholl s20.
Thank you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just done polished most of the car now and it looks great, not perfect but a massive improvement. Just waiting for a 3inch backing plate and pad to come so I can do the boot and bumpers.

Finished off with some auto finesse tripple and meguiars nxt wax.
It would look so much better if the wings and bonnet weren't stone chipped!
20191231_163048.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just a thought, is condensate that comes from a boiler bad for your paintwork? Where I park is next to my neighbours condensate pipe.
20191231_200039.jpg
¹

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm no expert and may be talking crap but in the picture the exhaust looks higher than your most excellent car and as heat steam etc rises I can't see it being a problem

Sent from my Bush10Nou using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
Unless of course the condensate is dripping on your car but the exhaust tube is usually short so I wouldn't think so but that's the only thing I think would affect your car

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks, yeah it is higher but was wondering if that was cause of the weird things in my paint as the condensate is acidic, but as you said it's probably ok. Just me being paranoid 😆

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks, yeah it is higher but was wondering if that was cause of the weird things in my paint as the condensate is acidic, but as you said it's probably ok. Just me being paranoid
Yeah of course you would I would too but you would have to watch the steam closely and see if it is making droplets of water as it hits the cold air and then spotting onto your paint that's the only way it could be making the marks. But you have a good view to waxing and paint protection so I would assume your paint is in good hands

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hey guys, I'd like to machine polish my car again when the weather gets a bit better as I'm not completely happy with the results I got as I think I need something with just a bit more bite.

Would Scholl s20 with a Scholl purple spider pad be too harsh?
Thank you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
After a bit of research I've decided to go for sonax perfect finish on a green hex logic pad. Does this sound like good course of action?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts