2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first honda a few days ago and gave it a wash last night. It looks lovely from a distance but up close its covered in light scratches from precious cleaning I'm guessing.

I dont have a machine polisher so am going to do it by hand.
Is Autogylm SRP the best thing to use to "hide" the scratches?
Thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, ordered some black hole, and a g3 clay mitt. I'm going to wash it, clay, black hole then some nxt wax. Hopefully should looking better, I dont have a machine so a bit pointless trying to compound it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks, ordered some black hole, and a g3 clay mitt. I'm going to wash it, clay, black hole then some nxt wax. Hopefully should looking better, I dont have a machine so a bit pointless trying to compound it.
Having a machine makes a massive difference though. You can correct all the paint blemishes and swirls and car washing marks. With blacks you can get a really good, deep finish result with really good reflex.

It's a worthy investment and Argos currently sell a good machine (forget the name, but its green) for £40!

Just make sure you get a DA (Dual Action) machine if you are an inexperienced user. It's the best way to start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts