2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

I currently have my settings set to Auto, however at night my sat nav still stays to the day colour. I have also checked that the night settings are deffo set to the blue colour but it just wont change on its own. It will change if I press the small button on the display to change brightness and between modes.

Anyone any ideas?

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Adjust the brightness of dash in night-mode one notch down as maximum brightness stops the changeover into night mode (turn the small knob on the left just behind steering wheel).

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Mine stays in 'day' colours regardless of brightness settings... ***???

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Mine stays in 'day' colours regardless of brightness settings... ***???
Isn't there day / night / auto mode which can be cycled with the switch on the dash?

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Does anyone else find that the night mode doesn't go bright enough?

I tend to use the day mode and just turn it right down.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
I find night mode is bright enough, but only if it's particularly dark outside.
If it's only just dark enough for my headlights to come on then I find that night mode is too dark and i fiddle with the dash board brightness to bring it back to day mode.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I'm finding this problem too. The satnav is set to auto but it isn't switching when I put the lights on. My previous EX switched as soon I turned on the lights but this latest 'T' model version isn't doing the same. Did someone forget to connect a wire?

I think the car I purchased didn't have the satnav setup fitted at time of build, and was a retro fit, as the clips holding the drivers side 'A' pillar airbag were broken. When I reported them damaged the dealer called me and said whom ever installed your bluetooth system has broken them when they installed it. I had to inform them it was a Honda factory fit. They replaced one clip as thats all they had in stock. Still waiting (3 weeks) for the middle one to be replaced.

I also had parking sensors fitted by the dealer at the time of purchase and it doesn't mute the radio when I engage reverse. The manual shows all versions having a mute wire. A stroppy call to the dealer is on the cards.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Page 46 "Honda SSD Navigation System - Audio, Visual, General"

"When the [Auto] key is selected, the Screen Colour mode is automatically switched according to whether the illumination of the vehicle is turned off or on."

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Mine doesn't mute the radio / cd when engaging reverse with my factory fitted parking sensors...

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
the T spec cars should be directly linked to the headlights, if it is set on auto and the lights are on, then the screen should change its display.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Thanks for that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone know if the same works in a car without satnav.
I mean 2 different settings for display brightness. In daylight i like Full brightness but when it's dark outside i would like it to automatically lower the brightness by 2 or 3 levels.
Its annoying to do that on the button every day :confused:

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
The dashboard auto dims when you turn on your lights.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Couldn't get mine to change either either. SatNav / Audio / Climate screen always stays on default colour (Blue) even with all settings on auto but will toggle between colours and brightness using the day / night button.

Must be some really obvious but Ive given up trying :confused:

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
If you've got the dashboard illumination on full brightness at night then the sat nav screen stays in day mode.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts