2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my nighthawk by a wintery lake in Keski-Suomi (a province in the middle of Finland). No longer does the Silver Seal have such a shine. Haven't had time to wash my car for a while.

It was very cold there. Earlier on I thought there never really is need close the sunroof, but when driving in -26 degrees C, the roof felt as if it was pouring chill down my neck. Closing the roof helped to keep the car warmer, reducing the chill considerably. It was dark outside, anyway, so no brightness was lost.

Any other good reasons to close the roof? Does it keep the car getting too hot when parking it in summer (or at least help a little bit)?

BTW, I was again, very glad I had chosen the Civic when I read that winter test in Tekniikan Maailma ("World of Technology", a Finnish car & tech magazine). The Civic came second best out of a large number of cars, topped only by a Cadillac that costs at least twice as much. Cold starts, maneuverability, lights and brakes were all rated under winter conditions. Turned out Civic is an excellent car for winter use. It's now official, not just a sales pitch! :D

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,239 Posts
Excellent photo, I always like to photo mine when they are new but finding a suitable backdrop is usually difficult.

Black on white was well thought out IMHO.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's always nice to see Civic in nordic scenery. :)

Congratulations for a new car and yes, i also read TM (Tekniikan Maailma) test and could not agree more! :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Brrrr - I feel cold just looking at that!! Lovely shot tho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts