2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, so ... my new injen CAI finally arrived from the USA and after £215 spent on it , 4 weeks to arrive and then a £60 Customs charge & handling fee. i thought things could only get better.....
Bounced up to my mates to say hello and told him i had the CAI in my boot. " you wanna fit it ayepod?" i replied no because it wasnt the nicest day outside but anyway he talked me into it "Awwwwwk itl take two minutes ". two minutes turned into 4+ Hours. a big thanks to the retards on 8th gen forum and the guy from holland who recommended the one i bought as the bottom pipe was miles off a perfect fitment. so after a few hours spent with an angle grinder in the pitch black of a feburary evening it finally came to an end. managed to relocate the horn to make space for the Cone filter.

Green Yellow Vehicle Car Automotive design

Green Auto part Engine Vehicle Technology

Water Pattern Metal Glass Rim

Anyone else had a similar experiance ?

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I got the AEM. Certainly not a 2 minute job but nowhere near that long. The pipe needs some space at the bottom and the instructions did tell me I'd need to cut a small square out of my arch liner but nothing too drastic.

I have read before that the injen needs cutting, so kinda glad my mate in the states sent me the wrong one. Do how does it sound?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds brilliant, Dead throaty sound, Great difference in throttle response, yeah id read that if anything the arch liner would need to be cut but we managed to take our time deciding where to cut the bottom half to get the best use out of a bracket on the bottom pipe so we cut it papped the horn out put it on the bracket and bolted it into the chassis leg with a 12mm bolt, on with the filter and the liner went back on with no problems, the Cai isnt going to fall off anytime soon. also the battery tray needed a trim with the grinder as it was clashing with the top section. what an effort for a CAI.

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
Sounds brilliant, Dead throaty sound, Great difference in throttle response, yeah id read that if anything the arch liner would need to be cut but we managed to take our time deciding where to cut the bottom half to get the best use out of a bracket on the bottom pipe so we cut it papped the horn out put it on the bracket and bolted it into the chassis leg with a 12mm bolt, on with the filter and the liner went back on with no problems, the Cai isnt going to fall off anytime soon. also the battery tray needed a trim with the grinder as it was clashing with the top section. what an effort for a CAI.
This is why I just got the KN 57i. Doesn't sound as good, but then again it's not as expensive. I haven't heard an AEM so to me the 57i is great :)

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
CAI = cold air intake ;)

nice to see something new tho :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.