2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can confirm that there will be NO white type-r, i repeat NO white type-r.

I have just come off the phone to Honda UK and they confirmed that there will be no champion white Type-R, reason being that when being built Honda decide which colours will be released in the UK and white being there most popular colour in the Type-R would be staying in Japan.

Anybody who doesn't believe this please feel free to phone the head office on 01753 590500

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm afraid that you are in fact wrong. Autoexpress, Autocar and everyone else is under Embargo at the moment so this isn't public and there won't be any pictures for the moment.
Honda were running a competition to name the edition Championship White CTR on the day.
This was a sneak preview for members with the Type R Drivers Club passes only, and was hidden inside the tent away from the rest of the cars, NSX-R, other CTRs etc.

Honda will announce it soon enough, but everyone is in agreement that it won't make the press or any pictures posted anywhere at the moment.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Also a lot of the team at Honda isn't aware of this yet. This is something being kept very closely to their chests, hence the reason it was un-loaded and loaded onto a covered truck.

·
Registered
198 Posts
No what I'm saying is that not all their employs know yet. And that they wouldn't tell you that it IS true if they did know. If the press are under embargo and they won't let anyone else take pictures it speaks for itself doesn't it. This is a massive u-turn for them and they want the announcement to be just as big.

Wait a few weeks and it will be announced. Trust me. It's the same with the White Edition VXr's, Vauxhall kept this on the QT until the motor show.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mate, what you are saying is that the car has left the Honda factory without anybody knowing.
To be honest i find that very hard to believe.

Also one minute you didnt know a release date then you "were told" it was a december release.

:D

·
Registered
198 Posts
I didn't move the car so I don't know how it left.
the Type-r owners forum that were invited to see it and that is where the release date is stated I hadn't noticed it.
The fact is Honda won't tell you it's true as it hasn't been officiall announced yet, it was as stated a sneak preview for 125 owners and their guest.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The bottom line mate is that if this car did exist Honda UK would know about it.
I spoke to the head of customer services at the head office TODAY and was assured that there will NEVER be a white Civic in the UK so somebody is lying somewhere along the line.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
The bottom line mate is that if this car did exist Honda UK would know about it.
I spoke to the head of customer services at the head office TODAY and was assured that there will NEVER be a white Civic in the UK so somebody is lying somewhere along the line.

1) you didn't.

2) rubbish

To answer your first line, as previous posters have said, only a certain amount of people at Honda know whats going on with A) 2009 my cars and B) what if anything is happening with a special edition Type R. They dont tell the dealers so they're going to tell someone on the phones in customer services??? not likely.

Lets reverse the situation then, Honda, yes Honda, not Halfords but HONDA take a car to the final round of the BTCC and have a specific day/parking compound set out for Type R owners, enthusiasts etc and have a car secreted away in a tent with info on it and comments regarding its specs etc - but hey, they must be lying as some oik on the phone in Swindon (who hasnt been told anything yet) says its not happening so they are in the right??? think it through mate, its quite simple.

They wont have started building them yet so they will have mocked one up which car manufacturers do ALL of the time - hence the fact that it wont be released until december, at the tail end of the first release of the 2009 MY cars in whatever guise they come in. They also build S spec cars for race teams that come in a base white. Seeing a white car out of the factory wont bring swindon to a stop in shock either.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thank you Dan exactly the point I was trying to get across but you put it much better than I could.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
check this thread out -

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/you/11733-white-civic-type-s.html

Lots of pictures that your mate at customer services wont want to see then.....

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Thank you Dan exactly the point I was trying to get across but you put it much better than I could.
It also ties in very neatly with the rumour that as Seat have pulled out of next years BTCC, Honda were very strongly rumoured (on ITV4 so not me saying it) to be the new factory team joining next year. And they wouldnt be in orange I can tell ya.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And anyway its my wife thats harping on about buying one of these in white.

I personally drive a 2008 "white" BMW M3.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Mate, I used to do just that, DAILY. And some of the things I got told as a dealer were unreal. If you want to believe them, you do just that treacle. I know who/what i'm believing in.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
gazb, no, I was going to phone the direct line of the "manager of customer operations" (as the post is called) and have another chat with him, but this time about your call. I just wanted to check it was him you spoke to, before calling.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
gazb, no, I was going to phone the direct line of the "manager of customer operations" (as the post is called) and have another chat with him, but this time about your call. I just wanted to check it was him you spoke to, before calling.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
lol making friends with 10 posts on the board eh ?

I'm sure all these people that actually went and seen the car are not lying.....

Do you understand what an embargo is ? define: embargo - Google Search

Also does your boss tell you EVERYTHING that is going too happen in relation too his business ? Didn't think so :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts