2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The :civinfo: sticker situation is out of control again.

The supplier went missing early June without announcement. Admin were informed late June when we suspected something was wrong but they took no immediate action.

We've been continually posting in the Mod sticker area but this has produced no real action other than a few emails to the supplier and the odd Admin post. I get the impression they don't care as they are still reaping the Supporter fees.

As it stands we have no real information as to whether existing 'paid for' stickers are likely to be despatched even though the supplier has said he will try.

It seems we are a very small cog in the suppliers wheel as despatching 3 or 4 stickers a week, then having to produce an invoice must be unprofitable. To that end I feel sympathy for the supplier.

An offer was made to Admin for a Mod to take over. The offer made was that a box of mixed stickers would be collected from the supplier. The Mod would then be paid, in advance to purchase a box of envelopes and stamps and would post out the stickers at least weekly, from within the UK.

This offer was originally ignored quite a few times but after more posts was eventually rejected.

The latest we know is that Admin are to break the Supporter/Sticker link and will put the stickers on their 'shop' for separate purchase. This shop idea was posted at least a week or 2 ago so again, look at the pathetic response times.
This shop will no doubt be in Canada so the stickers will probably not be the original ones that match the OEM Honda ivtec stickers and will take ages to arrive from Canada. Back to a calendar month+ as before. Unacceptable.

This has been going on long enough now and someone had to let you know what the latest is.

I posted last week that if Admin don't let us all know what is happening then I will - and guess what - no Admin post.

If you have paid to support and have received no sticker then your only course of action is to PM Civ_Admin as the Mods have no influence.

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
It seems like it would be far easier to find a domestic supplier of the stickers; Re-Order the quantity required and break off with the previous supplier.

It does no good to the forum in the present state; the debatable calling to question the ability & drive of administration (I've no question that the various moderators could do better), and further to that, seeing that nobody can advertise the forum!

Rather than move to a shop format, has there been any consideration to perhaps offering the role to one of the trusted forum vendors; effectively outsourcing the handling from the forum staff to said vendor, with a simple per-sticker commission paid back to the forum?

I've only been waiting since 27th June.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Thanks for the update. I PM'd Civ_Admin a few days ago but, like yourself, have received no reply. I've been waiting for mine since April and I think it's now best to give up on the hope of ever receiving one! lol :)

I fail to see how the 'sticker shop' plan will work though......if the forum owners can't get supplies of stickers for the supporters how will the get them to sell in an online shop?

Who needs a sticker anyway........the forum is great with or without stickers!! :)

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
It's more to do theft. I paid for a sticker that was supposed to be supplied within a certain time frame, it hasn't and there doesn't appear to be any intention to do so, therefore they have stolen my money by not fulfilling their end of the bargain. I'm not sure how this pans out in Canada but here you should at least be entitled to a refund plus something for my trouble.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,311 Posts
It's more to do theft. I paid for a sticker that was supposed to be supplied within a certain time frame, it hasn't and there doesn't appear to be any intention to do so, therefore they have stolen my money by not fulfilling their end of the bargain. I'm not sure how this pans out in Canada but here you should at least be entitled to a refund plus something for my trouble.
Report it to PayPal.... I'm going to as Civ_Admin contacted me asking for my address three weeks go, I supplied it right away and got another PM from them two weeks ago saying that they'd send it out. Still nothing... I'm pretty sure that taking money with no intent to supply amounts to theft....

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,311 Posts
Just reported mine to Paypal, the supplier has three days to respond... I guess if everyone else done the same they will have to do something?

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Just reported mine to Paypal, the supplier has three days to respond... I guess if everyone else done the same they will have to do something?
It seems you have been fed the same guff I have and reporting them to Paypal seems like a good call.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Just Paid today, Will want to order a second one as i plan on putting them on the back door windows.

How long does it take to get supporter privileges?

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Just Paid today, Will want to order a second one as i plan on putting them on the back door windows.

How long does it take to get supporter privileges?
Well done, from your profile you can see that you are now a Supporter so have access to the unlocked section.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I've just signed up as a supporter and for a shiny sticker... after reading this perhaps I should give up on the sticker!

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
I've just signed up as a supporter and for a shiny sticker... after reading this perhaps I should give up on the sticker!
Well done, you will still have access to the unlocked Supporters section ;)

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
Forum has been dead for a while now, nowhere near as much activity as there was a few years ago. TBH vertical scope don't give a toss about it either and I wouldn't be surprised if they close it down as it's not worthwhile for them I don't think as it's not cheap to run a website this big. Potsy cashed out at the right time I guess, fair play to him

·
Super Moderator
21,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The problem was that VS were hacked. They were forced by some authority to implement a mandatory password change for everyone.

This password change involved you replying to an email to confirm, as you do with most forum registrations.

Unfortunately, as I understood, this hack involved loads of VS other forums so the outbound emails was collosal and most email providers identified them as spam so they never got through so a large % were locked out and gave up.

Members have declined sharply and the commercial sponsors have suffered, realised, and are disappearing = lost VS funds.

Could all have been prevented with some planning.

·
Off-Road Nut!!!
303 Posts
Its all a bit of a disaster. Got miffed with it all and went elsewhere :frown2:
Its a shame as the is some good people on here and the mod's are always helpful. I still drop in now and again but its not the place it was. :crying:

1 - 20 of 127 Posts