2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help me? I changed my head unit a few days ago and I have only just noticed when I put sidelights or headlights on my dash lights go down to about 5% illumination only visible in absolute pitch black. When sidelights aren't on it is perfectly fine.

Can anyone advise as to what I have done wrong or how to rectify this?

Many thanks

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
Can anybody help me? I changed my head unit a few days ago and I have only just noticed when I put sidelights or headlights on my dash lights go down to about 5% illumination only visible in absolute pitch black. When sidelights aren't on it is perfectly fine.

Can anyone advise as to what I have done wrong or how to rectify this?

Many thanks

Have you checked the illumination knob is fully turned to the maximum on the dash?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you checked the illumination knob is fully turned to the maximum on the dash?
Illumination knob? I was not even aware there was one of the dash. Where about is this located because I doubt my model has it? I could easily be wrong though.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
See the little knob on the left circled?

It'll show a pic of a dial and 4 dashes. Press it and itll pop out so you can turn it easier

There are two settings. Lights off and lights on.
So turn on the lights. Press the switch to pop it out and turn clockwise. Dash will then Get brighter. Once done press the button in again.

To Change the brightness when the lights are off do the same but with the lights switch off.

Should be as simple as that

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys yeah I managed to get it sorted. Pretty silly of me to not notice. Now I can focus on somehow trying to get my clock/AC screen to work again

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts