2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've now owned my 2007 Civic for about 2.5 months. Two weeks in the "No DVD Disc installed. Please check system." error message came up when I started my car one morning. Brought it to the dealer a few days later after it never went away and the fact that the DVD disc was in fact still in the system and had never been removed since I drove it off the lot. They reset the system which allowed the disc to finally be ejected, as it wouldn't before, and said they cleaned the disc and everything seems to be fine now and sent me on my way.

Now, 2.5 months later the message came up again this morning when I turned on my car. Clearly they didn't fix anything and this unit is defective, but I have no time to get to the dealer for the next week or so to get them to just reset it again unless they actually decide to fix it this time.

Does anyone know how to reset the system so I can at least fix it for the time being as I was supposed to go on a trip tonight where I was kind of relying on the Nav system working? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
You need a little reset tool which can be applied to the back of the DVD drive - or I think 30 minutes battery disconnected may well do it.

Either way, I'd probably not bother and just get it booked in for a proper fix at the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts