2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just realised that my car does not have the headlight adjuster that some or most cars do on the instrument panel near the engine start button.

I was wondering if there was any particular reason for this ?? As other cars have on this forum I have seen.....

And how would I adjust/level the beam if necessary?

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Should be standard on an EX, check there's headlight washers in the bumper
Yeah I know there are washers on the bumper, but didn't know they were standard in the EX...

As when I was looking to replace my car, was only looking for the EX models, but they didn't all state that they had HID lights.

The guy I bought mine off, i thought he had put them on...

·
shameless
538 Posts
if you want to see the system work- gently reverse one rear wheel up a kerb with the lights on and you should see the light beam move

·
Strong in me The Force is
765 Posts
According to european regulations, cars equipped with HID lights also have to have auto levelling and headlamp washers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bringing an old thread back up here but, does the levelling of the HIDs occur upon engine startup? Like can be noticed on some cars with projectors.. Or does it level itself whilst driving?

I've never noticed my 09 CTR level at startup but could of sworn I noticed them adjust whilst going over quite a bumpy road recently..

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
They won't adjust on start-up unless you car has moved since you last started it up.

But yes, they do adjust while you're driving.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
If you've got OEM HIDs then you should be able to see the headlight washers on the front bumper.

You'll also not have a manual headlight height adjustment dial on the dash.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you've got OEM HIDs then you should be able to see the headlight washers on the front bumper.

You'll also not have a manual headlight height adjustment dial on the dash.
Yes, i have washers on my bumper. So to be straight forward it is confirmed if there is OEM HID they must be auto leveling?

I would like to see, them going up and down, maybe i should load my boot, so see changes or smth... Intresting things...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.