2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

i have just bought my Honda civic year 2003, we have had this a month now and the guarantee has just ran out.

the heaters in the car do not work at all, my partner has checked the fuses and they seem to be fine and also checked the fan for the heaters and there is nothing wrong with this..... does anybody else have the same problem????

or can give me some advise please?

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Hi

i have just bought my Honda civic year 2003, we have had this a month now and the guarantee has just ran out.

the heaters in the car do not work at all, my partner has checked the fuses and they seem to be fine and also checked the fan for the heaters and there is nothing wrong with this..... does anybody else have the same problem????

or can give me some advise please?
Maybe the heater matrix has gone.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
The previous generation civic, like the current one, relies on actuators to operate the valve that adjusts hot/cold air mix.

Maybe the actuator has failed/malfunctioned causing the valve to stay at the cold position?

There's a diagnostic check that can be done on the current civic to check if any part of the HVAC system has failed although I doubt the previous gen. civic will have this feature due to lack of a screen.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
ah right, so the blower's not working?

possibly a burnt out blower motor or dodgy connection going to it. best to get it checked by an auto electrician.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts