2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today all of a sudden my footwell lights and light from stero etc don't work I'm guessing a fuse has gone? Which one will need changing and can I get a replacement from halfords? And any type that I need? Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add the reading light works and when I open the door it still works

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Scary this, it happened to me also. Check fuse 7 and 14 in the footwell fuse box, I also had a blown fuse which meant the heaters didn't work, think that was 36.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
In the under-bonnet fuse box there's a white fuse puller that makes getting them out a hell of a lot easier!

·
Coffee isnt my cup of tea
1,264 Posts
In the under-bonnet fuse box there's a white fuse puller that makes getting them out a hell of a lot easier!
Ye dont use scissors or pliers because I didn't realise there was such a tool until I had already fixed my fuse :facepalm:

·
1,264 Posts
Top right mate

Sent from HTC

Reactions: Chambo

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I did the same thing - faffed about with pliers to get the fuse out, then went to the under-bonnet box for the spare and LO AND BEHOLD WHAT IS THIS?!

I was quite unhappy with myself for not checking first.

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wicked found it, so i can get spares from halfords? and the numbers matter dont they, sorry for all the questions its hard as i dont have a manual

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
wicked found it, so i can get spares from halfords? and the numbers matter dont they, sorry for all the questions its hard as i dont have a manual
You may already have a spare in the fuse box that you got the fuse puller from. Match the fuse amp/colour and job done. Beware when purchasing a replacement fuse as there are 3 sizes. 8th Gen's use the "Micro Blade Fuses". Dirt cheap from eBay, Eurocar Parts, Maplin etc.

Gaz

·
1,264 Posts
Ye and the number is the amps mate

Sent from HTC

·
1,264 Posts
You may already have a spare in the fuse box that you got the fuse puller from. Match the fuse amp/colour and job done. Beware when purchasing a replacement fuse as there are 3 sizes. 8th Gen's use the "Micro Blade Fuses". Dirt cheap from eBay, Eurocar Parts, Maplin etc.

Gaz
You done better than me I got the fuse out the box and still didn't notice until I blew the fuse on my new car and saw it in there. Now thinking it may not have been there... I'll say that so I don't feel stupid haha

Sent from HTC

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,264 Posts
When I p/x'd my last Civic the under bonnet fuse puller for some strange reason ended up in my toolbox.

Saves having to go digging for it as I knew I had a Garmin to hardwire in.

Forgive me for I have sinned :popcorn2:

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
When I p/x'd my last Civic the under bonnet fuse puller for some strange reason ended up in my toolbox.

Saves having to go digging for it as I knew I had a Garmin to hardwire in.

Forgive me for I have sinned :popcorn2:
Hopefully the new owner isn't on here. He'll be after you... :police:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts