2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many threads with so much aggravation and irritation reported, mainly from UK owners (presumably because UK owners represent by far the greatest percentage of Civinfo members) .... but there seem to be very few serious complaints from owners on the European continent. Is this because the Honda import companies/agencies in Europe do a better pre-release vehicle inspection and check than is done in the UK, before delivering cars to the dealers or .... are continental owners easier to please?

Reading the long list of aggravation that several members have suffered, I must say I'd be dragging Honda (and the dealer who sold me the car)through every consumer complaints court at my disposal and would be publicising their shortcomings in every tabloid that would publish my outpourings, if I had suffered half of the same aggravation - but I haven't nor are there many others in Europe that seem to have suffered.

Just gets one to thinking - 'cos all the cars start life in Swindon :confused: so does Honda UK have a quality control problem that is rectified by their European counterparts:?:

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
I think a lot of the problems stem from the early cars ie **06*** registration cars. ( Honda did have a similar situation when they started to build the last generation civic as well there were recalls to check front suspension and brakes and a few unhappy customers but things did improve as seems to be the case now)
**56*** Reg cars have shown a large improvement
so things look good for **07*** reg cars.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Good point!! But then British are well know for moaning :D

The problem with going to the press is that you are then stuck with a car that has become publicly known as having problems and it will be harder to sell.

Its much better to go on a forum and moan to your hearts content, winding up all the happy owners, worrying all the new owners and pleasing all your fellow moaners :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
As many owners in mainland Europe (including myself) had to wait 6 months or more for their Civics, I doubt very few early examples were delivered abroad. Moreover, by the time cars did start to arrive, I'm sure that many of the most serious build quality issues had been ironed out. Hence, fewer unhappy mainland European buyers. In this instance, the agony of a long wait paid dividends.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good point!! But then British are well know for moaning :D

The problem with going to the press is that you are then stuck with a car that has become publicly known as having problems and it will be harder to sell.

Its much better to go on a forum and moan to your hearts content, winding up all the happy owners, worrying all the new owners and pleasing all your fellow moaners :lol: :lol:
Love it - the perfect definition of solidarity[smilie=thatworks.g:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts