2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
A/C fixer-upper'er
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, just got off the phone with Sainsburys, my insurers for the last 7 months. Turns out a Stage 2 remap would be completely out of the question, as the bhp increase would be around 37% over stock and they only cover up to 20%. She seemed quite shocked that a 50bhp increase was easily obtainable, but wouldnt take that I was more interested in torque improvement than outright power :rolleyes:.

On the up side, cancellation is only a £26.50 admin charge, and I'd get back whatever percentage of the policy remains unused, so about £300 towards a policy with a different company.

Therefore Im off hunting for quotes with a more understanding insurer, or otherwise scrapping the whole idea and keeping a stock car. Seems a waste to pass up an opportunity to get the car remapped while Im heading past Premier in a couple of weeks though.

·
A/C fixer-upper'er
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
forgot to mention, only held a license 2.5 years (all NCB) and only 25. One non-fault claim (someone else hit me and claimed on his insurance, but apparently people involved in non-fault accidents are still viewed as a higher risk than those who have never been hit - seems a bit harsh.) and no points at all.

Quite a high mileage driver as I live in the middle of nowhere, and Im pretty sure my occupation is looked upon unfavourably by insurers! So its going to be an uphill struggle.

·
A/C fixer-upper'er
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sod it, this plan for changing insurers and remapping just isn't going to happen in the next few weeks. It's not that I can't get insurance, its just that whilst offshore the phone and Internet connectivity is so shockingly bad that trying to get multiple tailored quotes is nigh on impossible.

Since there's little time between getting home and setting off for north Wales, there's not much chance I'll have the opportunity to get the necessary arranged. I'll prob leave it until my next renewal at the end of the year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts