2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i eventually got round to trying Dr colorchip today and all I can say is its genius!!!

I was sceptical at first as I wasnt sure how good it would be but I can honestly say I was amazed at the results..

Ive still got to complete the job as I need to go over the bigger chips to fill them but if anyone hasnt tried this yet then your missing out especially as we all know what our civics are like for stone chips!!:D

its expensive but I got mine through a group buy on here which reduced the cost but its well worth it.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you post some before and after pics for us?
I would do but I was that eager to try I forgot to do the "before" photo's but take my word the bonet no longer looks like someone has flicked cig ash all over it...:facepalm:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Mine is working well too - but like you DannyH10, I haven't taken any piccies of before! Well worth the expense even through the group buy! Perfect colour match for the Tangerine Orange.

No doubt there will be more chips so if I get a nice day I'll wash it a take some before and after photos.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i eventually got round to trying Dr colorchip today and all I can say is its genius!!!

I was sceptical at first as I wasnt sure how good it would be but I can honestly say I was amazed at the results..

Ive still got to complete the job as I need to go over the bigger chips to fill them but if anyone hasnt tried this yet then your missing out especially as we all know what our civics are like for stone chips!!:D

its expensive but I got mine through a group buy on here which reduced the cost but its well worth it.

Was tempted to order a kit - but milano red is not meantioned?? year 2008 as mine gives me some rally red???

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
milano red is available, i got one a while ago as did others

·
<3
2,103 Posts
Not the best pics [two from before and one after] but here is my effort. Gonna try and finish the job this weekend. I just put the paint on a cloth for the "road rash" as otherwise it would take far too long so just got the bigger ones to fill in. Was a bit chilly out though!

Its hard to get a pic of the chips when your bonnet is sooo shiny ;) you may need to squint! I can email if you want a closer look lol

Hope this helps, can really recommend it and it looks like there is another group buy going ahead. I think I might get some more.. just in case :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not the best pics [two from before and one after] but here is my effort. Gonna try and finish the job this weekend. I just put the paint on a cloth for the "road rash" as otherwise it would take far too long so just got the bigger ones to fill in. Was a bit chilly out though!

I did the cloth trick as well...works a treat on road rash...just need to fill big ones in now.:D

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I have a kit of milano unused if you pay the postage you can have it for free
I'd love to do a deal with you for that kit, PM sent :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hey Wire Gal, looking good there, that shine is impressive! Luckily for me I don't have the road rash yet. Just the odd couple of bigger chips that take a bit of time and effort working on. Still not quite perfect but certainly improving.

We have that crappy 'throw some stones on tar and sweep it up after a week' road surface here.

·
<3
2,103 Posts
We have that crappy 'throw some stones on tar and sweep it up after a week' road surface here.
Cheers, its getting there, brightened up here today so gonna try and throw some more on later. I think its amazing stuff and the little brushes you get with it are helpful for the bigger chips!

I hate that road surface, except around here it doesnt get swept up!! It makes me feel very tearful as I drive over it lol.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts

·
Tormented by Mods
388 Posts
just been on the dr colorchip site its pricey and worth it i no but me and my dad are after some for future chips as no doubt i will get them but do you no were you can get it from a little more cheaper or discounted a link maybe?

cheers dan

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just been on the dr colorchip site its pricey and worth it i no but me and my dad are after some for future chips as no doubt i will get them but do you no were you can get it from a little more cheaper or discounted a link maybe?

cheers dan
like wire gal says there is currently a group buy being organised which is how a lot of members on here get theres, it will work out about £45 with postage..hope this helps...its worth it to keep your civic looking as good as you want it!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts