2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday everything was OK, but today morning I get no resistance for the first half or a bit more of the clutch travel, it's sorta limp.
Car drives ok and changes gears ok.
No leaks at CMS or CSS, hoses look ok and the fluid level has not dropped.

Has anyone had this problem and how can I get the resistance back?

Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Going to bleed the clutch after work, then I'll take a better look at hoses and see if bleeding fixes problem,
I bleed the clutch 2 months back and it got murky again after 1 month.
No idea on how old are the CMC CSC.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Going to bleed the clutch after work, then I'll take a better look at hoses and see if bleeding fixes problem,

I bleed the clutch 2 months back and it got murky again after 1 month.

No idea on how old are the CMC CSC.

Sounds like the internal seals on the CMC piston are fading. Could also there be a return spring inside the master cylinder that might be going as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like the internal seals on the CMC piston are fading. Could also there be a return spring inside the master cylinder that might be going as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So if bleeding don't help CMC has to be changed?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went to bleed the clutch and no resistance at all, before I could even do something.
Could this be the CMC that broke down now?

·
CTR
538 Posts
CMC mate, exact same thing happened to me, bleeding the clutch pedal takes time and patience. Get an air bleed kit and use the pressure from the tyres to push the fluid around and out the slave cylinder.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now that I'm back at computer, I'll give you a story with this.

So I drove to the country side to fix issue with brakes binding, got that done and wanted to head back to city at about 10pm, since next day had to be at work 9am.
Wanted to drive away, but clutch just dropped to the floor.
After 30min of fiddeling nothing happened.
So borrowed another car and went to get a new CMC.
After the pain of changing that, found no where that you have to remove brake pedal to have access to clutch.

Finally changed the CMC and got everything back.
Pumped the clutch a bit and boom same thing again, just fell to the floor.
Went to sleep to have a fresh start in the morning.

Next day I took everything apart to find the problem.
The pin was pushed too far so nothing moved through, pulled it out until the pins were flat with the CMC.
Then tried pumping it and was feeling hopeless since there was no pressure at all, but I'm not the kind of guy to give up, so after pumping about 5 min the pressure came back.
Put everything back and wanted to bleed the system, did this with my brother for about 10-15min. Nothing changed, there was some pressure, but not much.
I was pretty devastated to be honest.
Then I got idea, that maybe there was too much air in the clutch system, so I found a 60ml syringe and tried to vacuum out the air, holy S*** there was a lot of air in it, about 20min of vacuuming the pedal did not just stay at the floor anymore.
After that with the help of my brother bled the clutch for about 10min and all air was out and the pressure was back.
Was that a ride, now everything is working better then before and also the squeaky clutch is no more!

·
CTR
538 Posts
@Wlayzer well done, it is one of those jobs that just takes some patience, i was exactly the same. Glad you got it sorted.

·
Premium Member
5,248 Posts
Now that I'm back at computer, I'll give you a story with this.

So I drove to the country side to fix issue with brakes binding, got that done and wanted to head back to city at about 10pm, since next day had to be at work 9am.
Wanted to drive away, but clutch just dropped to the floor.
After 30min of fiddeling nothing happened.
So borrowed another car and went to get a new CMC.
After the pain of changing that, found no where that you have to remove brake pedal to have access to clutch.

Finally changed the CMC and got everything back.
Pumped the clutch a bit and boom same thing again, just fell to the floor.
Went to sleep to have a fresh start in the morning.

Next day I took everything apart to find the problem.
The pin was pushed too far so nothing moved through, pulled it out until the pins were flat with the CMC.
Then tried pumping it and was feeling hopeless since there was no pressure at all, but I'm not the kind of guy to give up, so after pumping about 5 min the pressure came back.
Put everything back and wanted to bleed the system, did this with my brother for about 10-15min. Nothing changed, there was some pressure, but not much.
I was pretty devastated to be honest.
Then I got idea, that maybe there was too much air in the clutch system, so I found a 60ml syringe and tried to vacuum out the air, holy S*** there was a lot of air in it, about 20min of vacuuming the pedal did not just stay at the floor anymore.
After that with the help of my brother bled the clutch for about 10min and all air was out and the pressure was back.
Was that a ride, now everything is working better then before and also the squeaky clutch is no more!
Where abouts did you connect the syringe? The slave cylinder bleed nipple?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Where abouts did you connect the syringe? The slave cylinder bleed nipple?
Yes on the bleeder nipple on the slave, then pulled half way to create vacuum and told brother to push down clutch while I opened the nipple on the slave.
Then close, release pedal, remove syringe and repeat until most air was out.
This worked really well and kept topping up the clutch reservoir.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts