2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
21,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not intending to get a 9G till next September but.....

1) Is the interior fusebox in the same place as the 8G so a speed camera device, or similar, can be wired in almost invisibly ala Potty's 8G 'how to wire in a snooper' thread ?

2) Anyone investigated how the centre console comes out so an active phone mount can also be almost invisibly wired down by the gearstick ?

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
The fuse box is in a similar location, buy bigger and rotated 90 degrees. The electronics/wiring seem more complicated and something I'd personally would not want to tinker with too much (and yo know how much I like to tinker lol) but a piggy back fuse connector on the accessory circuit should be ok.

The centre console has no obvious screws or clips... In fact it is rock solid and is something I'd rather not start pulling apart.... Honda seem to have taken a lot of time to avoid squeaks/rattles.

The way the glovebox opens now would make it very difficult to mount a phone holder on the centre console unless it is raised up higher.

·
Administrator
21,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ta

The trick with the current fusebox is to remove a fuse and when pushing it back trap the very thin wire on one of the fuse blade sides. I took the advice of the original post and used the fuse for the radio and SatNav.

For my Brodit active mount, down by the ashtray, I routed the wire straight down, up under the centre console, then back towards the centre console storage and drilled a hole large enough for the fag lighter plug, and just plugged it into the socket in the centre console = invisible wiring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts