2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search but could not find anything, so sorry if this has been covered before....

On the way to work this morning, I noticed that with the HU switched off (via volume knob), did not get any sat nav voice instructions or voice command feedback. Is this normal?

I'm sure that before today, I could have the audio system switched off and still have the nav voice instructions and voice command feedback, or is my memory failing me?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Bog,

Did this happen while u had a bluetooth phone connected to the car. If so it could be that you were in the phone menu and it stops the voice commands while in that menu. If you are in that menu you should see 'TEL' near the clock display. press the cancell button on the steering (bluetooth cancell) to exit menu.

hope this helps

·
Registered
103 Posts
You need Sat Nav to get to work?????????[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I use satnav to & fro work so I get TMC warnings.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You need Sat Nav to get to work?????????[smilie=cheeky-grin:[/quote]

LOL - like I said, my memory is failing me :D

No I was just playing, I'd hit some traffic and was gonna let the sat nav take me on an alt. route.

Anyway I think I found the answer in Pottsy's post in this thread, although Richierich's response confuses me a bit, as he states 'I have managed to get the SatNav voice instructions with the radio switched on and off' :confused:

·
Administrator
21,238 Posts
Talking of TMC - it still confuses me :(

I have a Trafficmaster Freeway unit as well as TMC and the spoken warnings are far more intuitive.

By the time I have tried to work out what the TMC message is telling me, glancing from message to road to message to road it has usually timed out.

A typical spoken message from my Freeway will be:

"You are on the M25, junction 12 clockwise, stationary traffic for 6 miles between junctions 15 and 17, expect 25 minutes delay".

Now that is clear as day - why couldn't they have given the TMC a similar voice warning?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Bog, I can confirm what Richierich says, that satnav voice instructions work whether the audio is on or off.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
And yet for me, I have to have the radio on (even though the volume may be at 0). I quite like it that way, though, it gives an easy no-sound option.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Pottsy - Do you know if it has always been like this for your car? Couldn't be something to do with the loom could it?

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Do you know, I was wondering that myself. I can't remember what it was like before the MP3 loom was added, sadly.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you know, I was wondering that myself. I can't remember what it was like before the MP3 loom was added, sadly.
I was thinking that too, as I've just fitted the loom! I'm sure it wasn't like it before and that's why I've noticed it.

If that's the case, it must mean that anyone who has the Honda ipod connection or the CD changer must be affected too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts