2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm losing hope on this one.

I have a 2013 Honda Civic Automatic. It had a multimedia system built in but felt dated and I'd hoped to install a CarPlay unit.

I took the car to a professional and they installed the new HU, harness and custom wires I'd bought online.
The rear view camera doesn't work (although I can live without).

But the biggest problem is that there's no sound. I've since taken it to 2 other professionals (1 who bought a custom kit from the US) and the sound still didn't work. I'm being told it's a problem with the AMP. I'm not particularly technical when it comes to cars but I'd assumed it was just plug and go.

Has anyone else had experience with this? I've about 3 times the cost of the radio unit on failed installs and I'm not sure what to do next.

I guess last resort is just installing the old radio.

Any help would be so appreciated!

·
Registered
177 Posts
You won't get any sound. Read on another post that you need to find amp and connect wires from speakers to new unit, so missing out amp. Need to find out which wires are to which speakers and polarity. Thought the professionals would have known this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah ok. I’ll see if I can find any info on how to do that.

I managed to get the radio panels out today and it seems that even the reverse detector cable has been cut.

I think I’m going to start again with this one and buy the cables and converters fresh so I know exactly what I have and what needs connecting.

·
Registered
177 Posts
If you do a search you'll find the post. It gives some advice. Can't remember if it was on the crv or hrv or Civic. Sorry about that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts