2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after installing aftermarket rear speakers I have lost the sound from both front and rear speakers. Fronts have been working fine before this but not the rears. Hence the install. My subwoofer still works ok. When the stereo turns on I can hear a pop from the rears. I am sure I have done the +/- connections right. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
i-Vtec
2,217 Posts
The speakers should still work with the polarity reversed, but might be worth pulling the stereo and seeing if there is some kind of in line protection on the harness that has blown. Id also pull the speakers and check the polarity first anyway.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So all +/- are defo correct. Resoldered all the connections. Fronts are working now. Still no sound from the rear but I feel that it is vibrating. Almost like if the rears would act like a woofer but produce no mids or highs. At some point I had connects2 and a subwoofer with amp installed but not sure if that was done properly. I am no epxert in this so my head is going to epxlode trying to find out what is wrong. Is there a manual/wiring diagelram for the connects2 online?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts