2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Last week I had a bit of an issue in that I had no spare/brace/jack to use when I had a flat. I had to call my garage man and get him to come out with a jack and a brace to get the wheel off no.1 and then no.2 the car had to sit there while he went and put a new tyre on.

I just cannot believe that as standard, Civics do not come with a spare. Anyway back on track can someone point me in the correct direction to getting a spare/brace/jack and with the dimensions of the hole in the boot would one of these fit?

2006 - 2012 HONDA CIVIC ES FN2 16" ALLOY WHEEL AND TYRE SPARE WHEEL | eBay

Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
The jack is under the panel on the left side of the boot. It is clipped in. Spare wheel is an option you can buy. There is a tyre sealant pack in the boot (right hand panel) to use if you want.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
+1

You can buy a space saver from Honda for around £100 which fits nicely in the compartment under the boot. A standard wheel doesn't fit in there properly.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
^^What delta said ^^

You need a space saver spare wheel as a normal wheel to too wide to fit into the under boot compartment.

Also checkout the For Sales section on here - spare wheels do come up occasionally

Reactions: B1gbrowner

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Get a spare bought - no tyre gunk will ever be able to replace a spare wheel!

·
Registered
364 Posts
This might sound daft to you but tub spare wheel - does it have to be civic specific or could I use one from any honda , jazz for example

·
Administrator
21,138 Posts
In general, if you have larger wheels then the tyre profile is smaller.

The bottom line tends to be the tyre outer circumference is the same regardless of wheel size.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts