2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my new 2.2ES-T for a couple of days now, its a wonderfull car but dissapointed that there is no turn by turn option in the I-MID display.Must only be available for models with HDD sat nav?

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Tamzin.
Excuse my ignorance but what is a "turn by turn" option?
I might be able to help!

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Turn by turn is where the sat nav system gives you instructions by audio - "in 200 yards, turn left" or "at the roundabout take the 3rd exit" etc.

Not sure if this is what the OP means, though.

·
Type EX,A guy called Mark
3,435 Posts
It sounds like the settings have been changed.

If the car is new to you then it is best to reset the satnav. you need to enter the satnav diagnostic menu and clear satnav ecu ram. This will reset the satnav to factory defaults but not change the version. You will lose all route info that you may have stored.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Ok.
Well it is definitely on the HDD system which is standard on my car.

I cannot believe audible information would not be available as standard on the SDD version. Either factory reset as above, or check the settings!

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
sorry i mean there is no turn guidence pictured in the I-MID screen on the SD version
I guess you are talking about 2012 Civic... The should be an option in the i-Mid menu... So if you have not, the it must only the HHD version that has it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
sorry i mean there is no turn guidence pictured in the I-MID screen on the SD version
That is correct. It is on the satnav screen only.

One of the set options for the option button is to turn off audio navigation. I do this on journeys where I want traffic information etc but not the women's whiney voice. Traffic Info still comes out at the preset volume.

Incidentally I don't like the way the audio turn by turn instructions are longer and more 'flowery' on the 9G. We now get 'in about' 100 yards' rather than the 8G's 'in 100 yards'. We then get 'turn now, TURN NOW, at junctions but often a little to soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
In the brochure (holland January 2012 version) it says it's possible to see turn by turn on the I-mid console. But, in de newer brochure (July 2012) it's not mentioned anymore, just like the follow me/coming home lights.
There's not a lot you can do about it.
I think I make a brochure with specs like a Ferrari and sell a VW, just change the specs afterwards.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts