2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[SOLVED] No warning of lights on

I just recently bought my Honda Civic 2.2 diesel (2005/11) and since then it happened me 2 times that I completely drained the battery with letting the headlights accidentally on. According to the manual there should be a notification of this (sound & display on the dashboard) when I remove the keys but I receive nothing. Is there a way to turn it off/on?

If yes where?

Many thanks

·
Registered
721 Posts
As soon as you open the door the display should show the icon and you should hear beeps. I don't remember anything about turning that feature off being mentioned in the manual. Very similar to what you see/hear if you do not remove the key.

·
-=SBZ=-
901 Posts
Check see if your door sensors work.
Start the engine and open the drivers door. it should beep and show you a picture of a car on the dash with a door open.
Also should beep if you leave the key in and open the door after turning the engine off.

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
also in the door shuts you will see or find a rubber bung , if you press this your dome lights should switch off acting as if you have closed your doors

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.