2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that there is no warning of low washer bottle level or have I a faulty one? on 2009 1.8EXGT

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well i think thats a stupid idea, if you drive a lot at least you get a warning when its running low but no Honda think its a better idea for you just to run out.
Stupid if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Well i think thats a stupid idea, if you drive a lot at least you get a warning when its running low but no Honda think its a better idea for you just to run out.
Stupid if you ask me.
It`s an even better idea if you did regular checks and topped it up rather than blame Honda ;);)

·
everyday i get older
1,036 Posts
i know my bottle is empty, when it stops squirting out water..

I really dont see the point in all these warning indicators.. hell im even annoyed when the car tells me im on low fuel " yes i can see the needle is almost on red, stupid car", the onlyone im missing and the 09 onwards has, is the tyre pressure sensors.. I would love this..

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,684 Posts
yep

Stupid if you ask me.
Got to agree with you fella... How do you check how much is left in the reservoir? you can't see the bottom of it so you have no idea whether it is half full or whether there is very little left. :popcorn2:

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
i know my bottle is empty, when it stops squirting out water..

I really dont see the point in all these warning indicators.. hell im even annoyed when the car tells me im on low fuel " yes i can see the needle is almost on red, stupid car", the onlyone im missing and the 09 onwards has, is the tyre pressure sensors.. I would love this..
In countries like Sweden where you have long periods of slush which means you need to clean your windscreen every mile or so it is critical for safety.

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
It`s an even better idea if you did regular checks and topped it up rather than blame Honda ;);)
Couldn't agree more - tyre pressures & fluid levels should be checked on a regular basis.

If your oil light comes on for example then the damage may already be done - don't rely on it - you should check it regularly.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
In countries like Sweden where you have long periods of slush which means you need to clean your windscreen every mile or so it is critical for safety.
Even more reason for regular checks,sorry but its still not Honda`s fault:):)

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
I'd add to this that surely a £20k+ car with every other gadget under the sun on it fails to have a 'washer low' warning. Strange.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
I would like to have such a low level indicator for the washer bottle, but more important was such a sensor for the engine coolant level in that small bottle... It's a pain in the back to check the level down there, at least for the 1.8 A/T model.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just think its a shame thats all, i have dont 68k in 2 and a bit years in my Civic so you can think i often i run out of washer water. I know i should check it but just think it would be helpfull warning thats all. I know i am not perfect lol :perfect10:

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
I just think its a shame thats all, i have dont 68k in 2 and a bit years in my Civic so you can think i often i run out of washer water. I know i should check it but just think it would be helpfull warning thats all. I know i am not perfect lol :perfect10:
You would be perfect if you checked and filled your washer more often :p:p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts