2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My screen washers are no longer working, although my light washers are. Story so far....

On friday last week I was driving home when I ran out of water! Sat morning i went to fill the water tank up (I only put 2 liters in ) there was a high amount of frost and so when I tested the washers and nothing happend I put it down to the frost.

Sunday - Frost again in the morning but had melted by lunch. I filled the water tank up until it was full. I then tested and only the light washers worked, nothing from the screen jets.

This morning still no change.

Does anyone have any suggestions as I wont be able to get to the dealer until Friday and with all the grit on the roads driving is becoming difficult!

·
Registered
86 Posts
If the headlight washers are working, then (I'm guessing here) it could just be a loose connection, the frost may have pushed off the tube going to the ones on the bonnet.
Either that or the pump is broke, I don't have the headlight washers so not sure if they run off the same one or different ones.

If it is tubing, my guess would be it would be near the actual tank where the problem is, just because both of them aren't working.

I have noticed though that the washers on the bonnet take a long time to defrost in the mornings, due to the deisel not making that much heat and good sound(and so heat) insulation.

·
King of the rodeo
4,824 Posts
Maybe if the ends were blocked the pumps have burnt out but your light washers still work and they're part of the same system so I really don't know!

[edited by basegreen to reflect deletion of multiple posts!]

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
There are two separate motors, so it's possible that one has failed.
(I'm sure theres a picture on the foglamp replacement thread?)
Try running the pump for a bit and listen; if you can hear it look for water (assuming there's some in the tank;) ).

·
Registered
3 Posts
My rear wiper works fine but no water comes out.

Front wipers and water is fine.

Any reasons?

How to fix?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Mine had frozen up the other day! Didn't have enough blue stuff in with the clear stuff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts