2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2014 Honda civic tourer 1.6 diesel.
Basically at exactly 1500rpm you will get a deafening bass noise through the car. this noise comes and goes from day to day, don't really hear it on wet days. only way I can explain it is if you turn your stereo on and play pure bass. I have taken it to Honda they admitted they could hear the noise but wasn't consistent enough to locate it. so im still left with the what becoming very irritating noise. Any ideas? Honda said they checked engine mounts exhaust etc....

·
Registered
414 Posts
On the Mk8 diesel you can get some weird induction noises if you fit non OEM air filters because they don't quite seal properly and resonate at certain RPM.

Have you fitted a non OEM air filter at all?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so will try and get it in again when its starts, right now its not doing it. it doesn't affect the drive of the car or gear change etc and can happen at any speed as long as your in that rev range. last time i took it to Honda i made them give me a receipt to acknowledge they herd noise but was unable to locate it. stamped and dated

·
Registered
8 Posts
ok so will try and get it in again when its starts, right now its not doing it. it doesn't affect the drive of the car or gear change etc and can happen at any speed as long as your in that rev range. last time i took it to Honda i made them give me a receipt to acknowledge they herd noise but was unable to locate it. stamped and dated
My 2013 1.6 D-tec is doing exactly this. Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I bought from a independent dealer who gave 3 months warranty - I have 2 months left so wondered if you ever got this fixed?

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does anyone has an update for this problem? My tourer does exactly that and I can assure you when you suffer from noise sensativity you go crazy about that bass- like noise resonance sound😱☠

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did anybody please had this problem solved. I go crazy about it. For real.
Drove another tourer recently and that car is quit as a mouse. Please any help is welcome.
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts