2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can help please? :)

I have had this noise that must've happened about 5 times in the last 2 or 3 months. I've spotted that it only happens when I go round a roundabout as the car leans to the left, and I've had it happen when I've gone over a large unavoidable hump in the road.

I think it's coming from the front left and It's hard to describe the noise with just one word so, the best way I can describe it is as if a bouncy ball has hit the bodywork quite hard near that front left or, something big-ish has chucked itself in my wheel arch and makes the bang/thump/knock.

I must stress it very rarely happens. I've tried to force it to happen by going over humps quickly, and doing sharp turns quickly etc but I have never managed to recreate the noise.

Now, my Dad is a mechanic and I'm gonna try and get him to look at it on my drive, so any ideas on what could he check for based on my description of the issue?

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Early Civic's like yours suffered with the subframe knocking like this, but if your dad is a mechanic he should first be looking at obvious wear to bushes and anti-roll bar links, lower arm.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response.

I had the drop links replaced on that very side about 2 years ago. I'll mention everything else you just said though to my Dad.

Thanks a lot! :D

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,788 Posts
Thanks for the response.

I had the drop links replaced on that very side about 2 years ago. I'll mention everything else you just said though to my Dad.

Thanks a lot! :D
Certainly for the Accord, some aftermarket drop links are of an appalling quality.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

It just doesn't sound like the same noise. Before I had the drop links replaced that was more of a muffled creak than a bang/bump noise. Obviously I'll get it checked just incase and let you know :).

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also with the cold weather the rear shocks stick and make a bang when they release.
Thanks. Although it does sound more like it's coming from the front, I have been wrong before with the location of noises so I'll get the back looked at too :).

·
more torque than the mrs
6,627 Posts
Thanks. Although it does sound more like it's coming from the front, I have been wrong before with the location of noises so I'll get the back looked at too :).
mine sounded from the front as well but honda said its one of the rear shocks sticking think they said there was a mod for fixing it re-greasing them with a special tool they use ,doesn't happen all the time with mine but when it happens it loud .

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Could be Bumpstops.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts