2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2006 5dr 1.8 EX only done 18,000 miles full service history etc and well looked after.

i notice a sweeqe/noise coming from my suspension at the front when going over bumps?

it does not happen at the back, only the front and sounds like the passengers side

any ideas?

·
Jaguar Master Tech
425 Posts
Mine made a squeaking/creaking noise from the front, worse in cold or damp weather. The dealer replaced the front bumpstops, even though they were of the modded type and now it's silent :D..

·
Registered
329 Posts
definately bump stops, but would u have to pay for it as your car is on 06? or would u need to order the parts from dealer and have it fitted independently to save money on labour?

·
<3
2,103 Posts
Sounds the same as mine. struts replaced - several months later same thing happening grr! :rolleyes:

Take it back to the dealer - I think your car is new to you so if bought there should be able to get it fixed :D:D Mine is going back with a long list this month!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I brought it from the dealers, they gave me a warrenty so i am poping down there today to see if it covers bump stops? if thats what it is.

is this a common fault and what would happen if i left it for too long?

and most important thing....is it expensive? as i need to save up in case i have to pay :(

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its all ok now lol must of been the snow :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts