2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi has anyone experienced a thud type noise coming from the passenger side rear or a Honda Civic tourer? The car has done 700 miles and on Saturday coming from work I heard the noise for the first time, ever since over any bump or lump the noise continues, I hate to say it but sounds like the rear damper?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a sound from my rear damper on my civic It sounds mist when i drive slow on a parking .
They havet changed one damper bit the sound is still there
I have the elecronic damper on my civic..

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Hi has anyone experienced a thud type noise coming from the passenger side rear or a Honda Civic tourer? The car has done 700 miles and on Saturday coming from work I heard the noise for the first time, ever since over any bump or lump the noise continues, I hate to say it but sounds like the rear damper?
Did you ever find out what the noise was?

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The noise still comes and goes, it will do it one day and not the next, honda have had the car a few times and can't hear or find anything wrong, I even drove it there when the noise was being made and Sod's law they took it out and it had gone, I'd say the sound is more like when a bush has gone that's how I'd describe it, but I am convinced it's the shock.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
That is a problem when you can't identify where the noise coming from. I have the same o my shortly to be gone Ford Focus. Since I had the tow bar fitted I occasionally get a boing sound from the rear. Sounds like a spring but can't be repeated when fords have looked.
If yours is a bush or leg then that should be found at MOT time.
If you do find out please let us know.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all, the car has 9000 miles on now and the noise is back and is there all the time over every bit of road surface, I took it to dealer and they confirmed it was the rear shock knocking, so just waiting now for a slot for the job to be done.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an update, I had the shock replaced around a month ago and the noise had gone, I had the car in dynamic mode for a few days I changed back to comfort mode and guess what the noise has come back, i will have to call dealer again :( really annoyed about it .

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The noise is more in dynamic mode now, it will do it one day then the next will be fine, it was a year before the noise was there all the time and that's when they ended up changing it, im really angry about this , I will let you know what dealer says when I call them ��

·
Registered
11 Posts
The noise is more in dynamic mode now, it will do it one day then the next will be fine, it was a year before the noise was there all the time and that's when they ended up changing it, im really angry about this , I will let you know what dealer says when I call them ��
I have 2015 5D / hatchbadk and 20.000km / rear suspension Sachs death and noisy, dealer will change it next month

·
Registered
182 Posts
I went to the dealer with the same problem on my 5D . On rough roads there is a clunk from the back end on the left side. They put the car on a shock absorber test and they said everything is fine. Even if they acknowledged there is a noise. They checked all the plastics inside the trunk, the wheel housings...nothing is moving. I phoned another dealer and he said it could be possible for the shock absorber to malfunction and it will not be seen on the bench. They must remove it and test it out of the car. They can exchange them in between (those on the back seems they can be switched) and if the noise is moving on the other side, there it is. Next week I am scheduled for another visit at the dealer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I know this may be really obvious and you could well have already done it, but have you checked your boot catch?

I had this problem on my old 8g and it turned out that the boot catch (door side) was loose and so the tailgate itself was rattling when closed. Fixed by Honda at no cost by tightening some bolts.

Cheers

Paul

1 - 13 of 13 Posts