2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all , ignore title , when I turn left or right I’m getting a grinding noise coming from the centre console area , if I put my hand on centre console I can feel it vibrate when turning so defo coming from that area , it’s nothing inside the car so I’m guessing underneath ... any ideas ?

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Steering universal joint possibly? The steering column goes through the joint and dives off towards the centre of the car so the column itself is closer to the console than you may think. Is the column catching on something where it passes through the bulkhead?

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steering universal joint possibly? The steering column goes through the joint and dives off towards the centre of the car so the column itself is closer to the console than you may think. Is the column catching on something where it passes through the bulkhead?

Not sure bud , it’s more loud on roundabouts or if you give it a sharp little turn , it also very noticeable turning left but only a faint noise turning right . I can’t see anything underneath due to the plastic tray covering everything

1 - 4 of 4 Posts