2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I have a 08 Type R GT and have noticed a wierd noise when pulling away this morning. It only does it when the engine is cold & in 1st gear - sounds like something is slipping but is not high pitched like a belt...

Honda need to hear it to figure out the problem and told me to come back if it persists or gets worse...

Only done 10,500 miles

Anybody else had this?

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Has it always done it or just started?

It's probably nothing, the car is so highly strung it does do some weird things when cold.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has it always done it or just started?

It's probably nothing, the car is so highly strung it does do some weird things when cold.
Only started today - not too worried yet... but after reading some gearbox & clutch horror stories I thought id just ask the question..

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Hey

I've had mine a year (07 plate), done 28,000 miles & it has made a noise most mornings since I got it.

Only lasts about 2minutes, pulling away for first time & in first gear in low revs, also sometimes when holding the biting point (going uphill say), but after a few mins noise disappears..

I think it's the car warming up, maybe the clutch?

It sounds like a deep whirring(?!)

so I wouldn't worry too much!

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I get a sound like that from time to time too - sounds on mine like its coming from the front left wheel area.....As with yours, only when pulling away....

·
Registered
320 Posts
Mine too, just had it over a year and didn't notice it last winter, but i think the weather has been a stranger combination of bl**dy cold and yet damp of late - assumed it was that as once the car warms up it stops.

Might try stealer after Crimbo.:worms:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think I sometimes get this too on my 07 R-GT. From cold, when maybe it's been left a day or so, and because right from my parking space I have to manoeuvre quite tightly I get a high pitched squeaking sound from the rear wheels/rear suspension. It only really lasts a minute and then it's gone. I'm not too worried about it at this stage as the R is quite tight and I just put it down to getting a little stiff in the cold!

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
On cold starts mine back fires alot through 12st to 4th gear..its great...

it wouldnt be like a chewbaca sound is it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On cold starts mine back fires alot through 12st to 4th gear..its great...

it wouldnt be like a chewbaca sound is it?
Backfires?? Please Explain?? :confused:

Cheers for all the replies..glad im not the only one. Was *******g myself reading all the Clutch Horror stories as mine is coming up to 12k now.

Best car ive ever had..... apart from the occasional sore ass when a speed hump catches me out!

·
Registered
320 Posts
..... apart from the occasional sore ass when a speed hump catches me out!

Ooooh Matron.........[smilie=lil_red_dev:

:tumbleweed:

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
i dont know but it does..must get sound clips of it...but mine is de-catted..iv seen my mates car with the decat aswell as engine mods..on cold starts he is shooting out flames..i havent managed to do that yet..i fell like im getting close though lol

by the way that chewbaca noise i was saying earlier...i think my clutch is going...:(

·
Registered
538 Posts
The noise seems to be normal and depending on the engine temperature.

I had this sounded like any other with the stock components.
thus stock flywheel and stock clutch.

now I have a Clutchmasters aluminium-flywheel and Clutchmasters sport-clutch installed.

the noise is still present in the plug, but something (minimal) louder than with the stock components!

I believe it is either the flywheel or in the clutch, as has already been suspected.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Getting this to on my 58 plate with 15k miles on it. Was thinking it was brake discs but if we are all getting it to must be normal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts