2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
GC
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed this yesterday, at first it was a squeal when turning the key but I hadn't started the engine at this point. Same this morning, but when I just tried to show someone it didn't do it. Instead it was more of a grind noise, lasts about 1 second, sounds like it's coming from the passenger side I think.
Not sure what it is, only new things that have been done are my CAI installed with battery relocation and my new manifold.
Any ideas before I go to Honda?

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
I normally hear a motorised sort of whirring sound when turning the ignition to II. I assume it's something to do with the climate control like a vent moving or something? Not really sure tbh.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Is this the fuel pump?

·
GC
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure really, only other thing that was odd yesterday was I wasn't able to upload a new CAL from my FP, not sure if that was to do with the Laptop or the FP or my car. Some say a low battery can effect FP uploads which turns my mind to thinking something baout starter motor?

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Can you video it?

Only installation issue I could see with the CPL CAI is it the battery relocation part has not got enougth clearance with the gear selectors, this happens when not installed properly. But I dont see how that could cause this noise.

Video the noise and we will have a better idea.

if its before you hit start and when you turn the ignition on then only mechanical things I can think of is the fuel pump priming or a fan coming on or the aircon

·
GC
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do. I first noticed these issues last night when Vit gave me a map to totally confirm if my O2 sensor was out, it was as I was getting into my car I dropped my iPhone into a puddle :( Then I couldn't upload the map so I gave up and went to bed. When my iphone dries out I'll video providing it still works.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I also have this noise, its worse when its hot in the cabin. I've put it down to the fan on the heater/climate control.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Will do. I first noticed these issues last night when Vit gave me a map to totally confirm if my O2 sensor was out, it was as I was getting into my car I dropped my iPhone into a puddle :( Then I couldn't upload the map so I gave up and went to bed. When my iphone dries out I'll video providing it still works.
Battery maybe?

Without hearing the noise its a guess.

It wouldnt be the map, the map doesnt do anything at that stage

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts

·
GC
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
If the guess is fuel pump is there any reason why the firs time it was a clearly visible squeal and the other times it's more of a grinding noise? I will get a video asap.

Went to take video, didn't make any noise at all. As far as I'm concerned that's a result.

Edit: Ok it only comes on when the AC is on so must be related to that I guess. Also my map uploaded fine so maybe my battery is ok and it was my craptop last night. My iPhone is still working too, dare I say it but things have picked up since last night. One more datalog to see if my O2 sensor is deffo shot, if not then major bonus.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts