2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FN2 NINJA
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To put it simple I want more noise from my FN2 Type R, I've not had it long, maybe now going on 5-6 weeks, it was standard when I got it and I've tried the induction kit route but it did not go well with the MAF sensor so I reverted back to standard.

I've been browsing Youtube and I saw a video about removing silencers from mid to end sections, then found very old threads on here about it but with the images long expired so I can't see any diagrams.

I just want noise when I put the foot down what is the cheapest/best way to go about it?

·
R-398
702 Posts
What induction did you try? HKS RSK gives a healthy noise and doesn't need a remap. Instead of chopping bits out of your exhaust why not budget a bit more and uprate your exhaust? I had a Tegiwa 2.5" catback and I personally found the exhaust note really good. Others love miltek. If you wanna upset people 5 towns away then theres the martelius.

·
FN2 NINJA
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had, well still have it, a pipercross heatshield induction kit but from everything I have read even a simple mod on these such as said induction kit needs a remap.

I was thinking maybe replace a silencer somewhere and keep it simple for now at least.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
The cheapest way is what Flashy says - the best way for me would definitely be the HKS RSK. It's a lovely bit of kit and a used one is only about £180-£200. I had no issues with mine and they sound amazing.

·
Registered
581 Posts
The cheapest way is what Flashy says - the best way for me would definitely be the HKS RSK. It's a lovely bit of kit and a used one is only about £180-£200. I had no issues with mine and they sound amazing.
How does the car sound with an HKS? Is it just in the vtec rev range?

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I have HKS intake and martilus catback. both combined and one of the loudest you can get for the FN2.
not mine, just random vid.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
I had, well still have it, a pipercross heatshield induction kit but from everything I have read even a simple mod on these such as said induction kit needs a remap.

I was thinking maybe replace a silencer somewhere and keep it simple for now at least.
The ECU is self learning; If you change the induction / exhaust etc. it will automatically adjust to take advantage of the changes (To an extent; Don't whack on forced induction sans remap and expect your engine to not grenade). The learning can be expedited by resetting the ECU with a ~15 battery disconnect.

Honda ECU Tuning - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums
https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?67601-ECU-reset-auto-learn-mode

1 - 9 of 9 Posts